Need some help about adding a perk after payment

Lreeves316

7 minutes ago, Lreeves316 said:

They said since it was given free to first 2 people the third didn’t have to get it. I guess now that’s changed.

It has changed. The way that it is now, the only way that a minor gets the soda package as a promo is if the minor is guest #1 or #2. Some families of 3 (when there is a minor child) will put the child as guest #2 and one parent as guest #3. That way, all 3 get a package and only pay the 20% on their package. 

12 minutes ago, Lreeves316 said:

He has to pay the full gratuities on the alcohol package. I just did it and I’m trying to forget about it lol. So would they force a pregnant woman to pay for the alcohol package too? A recovering alcoholic? 

Another way to look at it is that nobody is forced to consume alcohol just because they have the PBP. The pregnant woman or the alcoholic can order an unlimited number of virgin daiquiris, virgin mudslides, virgin margaritas, etc.  None of the other guests know that the person isn't drinking alcohol so there's no feeling of being out of place. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lreeves316 said:

Yes. You’re right. I kind of knew that but forgot because my son is 25 so it’s the alcohol package or I have to buy soda one full price. Last time I was on NCL they didn’t force the third person to get alcohol package too. They said since it was given free to first 2 people the third didn’t have to get it. I guess now that’s changed. I spoke to someone else and they basically said they don’t care about drs notes and him being autistic. He has to pay the full gratuities on the alcohol package. I just did it and I’m trying to forget about it lol. So would they force a pregnant woman to pay for the alcohol package too? A recovering alcoholic? 

Well technically no one is forcing a pregnant woman or a recovering alcoholic to pay for the package.  But the rules are the rules.  If a passenger takes the PWP, all passengers in the cabin have to pay for it.  

Otherwise, what is to stop Passenger 1 (the "big drinker") from taking the package and then maybe bringing Passenger 2 who didn't take it (someone who may have 1 drink a day) a drink?

Believe me, I get it. Our DIL is nursing and won't drink on our upcoming sailing.  But our son will.  So we pay for both.  Because it's the right way to do it.  

No drinkers in our group but they wouldn't let us get three soda packs in place of alcohol said we could purchase the packs but all of us had to get it. Two of us drink only coffee or water. 

Anybody know if we can still purchase three of them soda packs once we board? We did this a few years ago, went to service desk purchased for only hubby, son, and grandson then had to go to the bar to complete purchase. Other son and I had to pay for specialty coffees when we wanted them. Not an issue this time as we don't drink Starbucks.