Ways to do both stingray city and turtle farm?

lgmtseawa

Hi all!

I've been surfing this board, and looking at Captain Marvins, Sotos, Nativeway, etc., but not yet finding what I'm trying to find. So, since CC is always so helpful, I thought I'd put it out to you in parallel with my search -- maybe someone will know, or will know it's impossible!

Background: Carnival Conquest, GC on 4/6 (a thursday). We were on GC briefly in 1/00 (from a cruise), and took the standard Hell-Turtle Farm-Stingray City tour (shortened due to both weather and operator problems, so shorter stays at some stops, didn't go to rum cake factory, f'rinstance.) Older son was 18 months at the time, and enjoyed all, but doesn't remember. He is now 7, and younger son is 2.25.

We enjoyed Stingray city and would like to do that again; a snorkeling stop would be fun too. However, it would also be nice to go by the turtle farm again (older son is interested), though anything else is superfluous (e.g., Hell, governor's house or whatever it is, even short stop at 7-mile beach), though if that's in the trip, fine.

Conquest is at GC 7 am-4 pm. We understand that if we are not on Carnival excursion we can't count on earliest tenders, and that's fine. Not really interested in cutting it close on the afternoon end, and in fact, to get back a little early with the little guy is fine.

Problem: Capt. Marvins offers a turtlefarm/hell add-on, but I don't think it would work with the stingray/snorkel trips that work with our time in port. ShoreTrips (a consolidator?) offers a trip that has what I want, but gets back at 3:15 -- isn't that too late for a 4 pm departure? [Nativeway does have a tour that might work, but they require a minimum of 8 people, so can't count on that.] Beyond that, I haven't found any other excursions that offer both turtles and stingrays (but I am still looking!) So, has anyone else done something like this (other than with the cruiseline excursion), and with whom?

Or, would this work? DH suggested we take one of the Capt Marvin 1/2day stingray and snorkel or something similar (e.g., the one that gets back around 1:15) then he and little guy go back to ship for little guy's nap, and older son and I take a taxi to Turtle farm and back.

Is that doable in the remaining time (before we'd have to tender back)? How long would the taxi ride be? any idea what that would cost?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!!! Looking forward to our cruise!

Carolyn

We also did the turtle farm, sting ray and hell with Capt. Marvin. We got up early and got in line for a ticket to take an early tender. No problems there, even got to capt. Marvin's early. Not much time for shopping after tour on way back to ship though. But made it before last tender.

My suggestion is to e-mail the companies and tell them what you want. I e-mailed Nativeway. Just wanted to do Island tour and stringrays. $45 each person. One of their larger van was out of service so DW and I and two others got to do the island tour in a suv/taxi. If you request something like that, you could sorta of do your own thing. Like just hitting the turtle farm only. Ask them to bring extra bag of squid. Our group were a big generous with the pieces. When we were out of squid, the rays didn't stay.

I think we are going to book with Nativeway and hope 6 others sign up. We wanted to go to stingray, but my husband does not swim, so additional snorkel tour would not work for us.

I've been to stinrgray and dove in GC, but havent done the city-type tour,s o I would like to do that as well. After looking thru all that is offered, I think we are going to go with Nativeway as they are the closest to what we are looking for!

Archived