San Juan -- Isla Verda -- Local Food??

Funcouple

In Old San Juan area: La Jabirito - locally family owned p.r. food. or La Bombonera - 100 yr old baker/cafe that all the locals eat at. The mallorcas for breakfast are amazing !!!! I would have brought a suitcase of them back with me if I could have.....there are others - be patient - more posts to come I'm sure.....:)

If you are on Isla Verde, you must make an effort to go to Piñones, and have some "bacalaítos" (made with cod fish), or "alcapurrias" (made with either meat or crab meat)... You can hardly get more local..

There is also a place called "Mi Casita", which you can find on Plazoleta Isla Verde (a mall where there also is Subway, and I think a Burger King)... El Metropol serves both Puertorrican and Cuban food, and it is a very nice place where I never get tired of eating... :)

In Old San Juan, La Bombonera is certainly a nice choice, specially for breakfast... There is also a place in la Calle San Sebastián called El Patio de Sam, which is very good...

Other than that, I can't think of many places right now on either Isla Verde or Old San Juan; but I will gather more info and send it your way... When I'm in Old SJ I usually eat either at Wendy's (when on a budget) or Hard Rock Cafe; which is not what you are looking for...

Archived