RCCL kids menu at main dining room

hcviana

I understand Royal Caribbean offers kids menu at the main dining room for dinner.

Can someone please confirm this and if possible tell us about what kind of choices they offer??? (chicken tenders?? spaghetti?? the usual stuff you would find at a family restaurant??)

Sailing the Grandeur on 4/8.

I remember chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and I think spaghetti, maybe pizza. Can't recall what else was there. We did order steak for dd one night because she loves it...it was the dreaded Royal/Ranch steak a/k/a shoe leather. She wouldn't eat it because it tasted bad. It looked as though they used an inferior cut of meat and ran it through a meat tenderizer several times. But aside from that all of the other selections we tried were fine.

I don't remember seeing and ordering from an actual menu, BUT, they will bring any standard kid fare that you request. We've gotten hot dogs, mac 'n cheese, spaghetti, fries, the usual. It's all available and brought happily to the table. On our last cruise, my six yo would eat squid, shrimp, escargot for an appetizer but then pick at the entree. So the waiter asked what he liked and promptly brought a hot dog and fries, which was devoured. Silly kid!

Normal kid's menu stuff - chicken fingers/nuggets, pizza, spagetti - kids menu is always available at dinner. You can also order off of the adult menu - many times the soups or appetizers have an option that a child finds interesting. If there is an entre with steamed vegatables, you can get just the vegatables. My DDs fall back is plain pasta - also always available.

There will be lots of options - if you don't see something ask if it is available. The wait staff aims to please, and since many of them are separated from their families, I've discovered most pay particular attention to the kids.

Yes, the do have an actual children's menu. It's on paper and has some drawing activites and coloring areas on it. Our waiter even brought crayons for our daughter.

If you let your waiter know your child's preferences, they can even have their meal (or part of it) ready for right when you arrive in the dining room. Our daughter really likes strawberries, and he'd have a small bowl ready for her to keep her entertained until her meal came with the rest of our food.

And, don't hesitate to ask if there's something that your child would like to eat that is not on the menu. They can usually accomodate it, not always on that night, but usually for the next night. If you have any concerns, talk to your head waiter. Our head waiter even had the kitchen purree filet minon for our daughter when we cruised while she was still in the baby food stage.

There are a lot of options, some of the ones I remember:

Appetizers:

Fruit Cocktail

Veggie Sticks w/Dip

Soup

Salad

Main Course:

Chicken Tenders

Spaghetti

Hot Dog

Macaroni & Cheese (my son ordered it one night and loved it, but it was strange... had a slice of american cheese melted on top!)

PB&J

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Desserts:

Jello

Pudding

Ice Cream

Some sort of Oreo thing

Cookies

There were many other items, I just don't remember them... my 4-year-old loves just about everything and he ordered Shrimp Cocktail and Salmon from the regular menu one night. He ordered the kids fruit coctail and chicken another night and barely touched it at all, he did the dinner with staff another night so I have no idea what he ate, the last night he had the veggie sticks and Mac & Cheese. He only ordered dessert once and it was strawberry ice cream. One night I ordered two desserts to make up for him though ;)

Archived