Summerville SC

dfencecoach

We are cruising out of Charleston at the end of April.  We are looking at spending the night in the Summerville area.  Don’t know much about the area so if you could provide any info on the area and hotels it would be appreciated.  Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi. I just saw this tonight, hope I am not too late. Summerville has a quaint downtown area with some shops. If you happen to be there on the 3rd Thursday of any month there will be special activities going on downtown at night. We liked to eat at a restaurant called The Icehouse.

Also, technically some of the plantations that offer tours are in Summerville, but they are on Ashley River Rd about halfway to Charleston. That road is a pretty drive into Charleston. It may be nice to head that way into Charleston even if GPS directs you another way. 

There is at least one B&B, maybe more. There are typical chain hotels and a plentiful amount of regular stores as well closer to I-26

PS. I just reread your post and saw that I was too late. Did you end up staying in Summerville? How did it go?

Edited by mawvkysc

• 4 weeks later...