Aft cabins, Adventure of the Seas

Just got off Adventure last sunday (3/12). Second time on ship and second time in 9390 which is E1 corner aft. We had two deck chairs, small table, and lounger. Nice breezes and great views. Cabin to balcony is real door, not sliding and large porthole window.

Does anybody have some pics of either one of these cabins and especially the balcony?

rokcop - How about you? Do you have a couple you could send? Any additional description you can provide would be good too... How much cover do you have in case you do not want to sit in the sun or rain?

Here are a few pics of the balcony of 9390. There is a overhang which covers about 1/3 of the balcony. The amount of shade depends on the sun's location, but we found you can always stay out of direct sun and enjoy balcony. Enjoy.

Well, I booked aft 7688 for one cruise and nothing was said to me. When I tried to book it on another ship only a month later I was told there had to be three people. I asked if there was any way around it and the guy said "no".

Not wanting to get the dreaded call from my TA down the road, I called back to RC and ask why the funny rule? The rep said that it varies by sailing due to the # of people that are booked on the ship.

I called back the next AM to see if the cabin was still available and luckily I got a guy that was willing to pull the necessary strings. I told him that I didn't want the dreaded call and he assured me that all had been taken care of.

I suppose that goes to show you that it all depends on who you talk to, and if at first you are not successful, try until you are.

Just thought I would share my experience for all of you who really want a certain cabin and are told no.

Well, I booked aft 7688 for one cruise and nothing was said to me. When I tried to book it on another ship only a month later I was told there had to be three people. I asked if there was any way around it and the guy said "no".

Not wanting to get the dreaded call from my TA down the road, I called back to RC and ask why the funny rule? The rep said that it varies by sailing due to the # of people that are booked on the ship.

I called back the next AM to see if the cabin was still available and luckily I got a guy that was willing to pull the necessary strings. I told him that I didn't want the dreaded call and he assured me that all had been taken care of.

I suppose that goes to show you that it all depends on who you talk to, and if at first you are not successful, try until you are.

Just thought I would share my experience for all of you who really want a certain cabin and are told no.

This is good to know. I didn't try again because I was afraid to get the dreaded call. Those aft cabins are worth it, though.

We had 7688 last summer on mariner and will have 7388 this summer; loved the aft! Big, shady, but some sun, cool, breezy, clean, no problem. Very enjoyable. If doing a balcony room, I would only have an aft cabin.

I booked this cabin today for 10/01/06 cruise, travelling solo. The CVP I spoke to said it could accomodate 3 people but did not mention it was meant for 3... Hmm, maybe the upgrade fairy will find me a suite instead? Yeah, right, uh-huh!

Liz

Archived