We enjoyed Princess coffee!

Kerry&LuAnn

Funny... some say the coffee is too weak and some say it is too strong. It just goes to show that individual tastes differ, so it is probably not a good idea to issue a generalization that "The coffee is bad" or "The coffee is good." Suffice to say, no one has reportedly died from drinking Princess coffee, and on the other hand you won't find "Princess Brand Coffee" for sale in the ship's boutiques! It is what it is.

[quote name='Kerry&LuAnn']Funny... some say the coffee is too weak and some say it is too strong. It just goes to show that individual tastes differ, so it is probably not a good idea to issue a generalization that "The coffee is bad" or "The coffee is good." Suffice to say, no one has reportedly died from drinking Princess coffee, and on the other hand you won't find "Princess Brand Coffee" for sale in the ship's boutiques! It is what it is.[/quote]

AMEN!!!:D

I agree. I wish people could be more descriptive in their critique when doing reviews. Some sense of relativity is needed.
A good reviewer should go into details on their likes and dislikes and what they're comparing against.

It's funny that here at work, we have a coffee club. We grind our own Costco beans and brew our own. You would think that a cup of joe coming out of our coffee club would be the same. It isn't. Some people use too much beans, leaving a too bitter after taste. Some use too little, leaving it more watery and thin. Some does it just right. (like... me, of course! :D)
Now, if you're bored here (as I've been once or twice) and just watch the coffee making throughout the day, you'll have lots of "ugh, this tastes like sewage" all the time while the same pot of coffee would be deemed "perfect" from others.

So, in short, I agree that unless the reviewer specifically says what they found undesirable, in specific terms, the review is just as good as their critique of the coffee. :)

Coffee Tip of the Day: Best way to make any coffee taste better = double shot of Baileys. :D

Archived