Fort Hamilton

latebloomer56

New question, anybody been to Fort Hamilton? We haven't been here even though we have been to Bermuda several times. Thinking of doing this our second full day before the boys go to the beach at either Clearwater or Horseshoe, they plan on Snorkel Park the day we arrive ( I know most feel it's a waste and higher on Sunday) they liked this beach in the past either day arrived or short day of departure. The fort would be new for them as well and though hubby and I have been to Fort St. Catherine's they may like that as well. That's easy to get to not sure about Hamilton's fort.

Thanks

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

New question, anybody been to Fort Hamilton? We haven't been here even though we have been to Bermuda several times. Thinking of doing this our second full day before the boys go to the beach at either Clearwater or Horseshoe, they plan on Snorkel Park the day we arrive ( I know most feel it's a waste and higher on Sunday) they liked this beach in the past either day arrived or short day of departure. The fort would be new for them as well and though hubby and I have been to Fort St. Catherine's they may like that as well. That's easy to get to not sure about Hamilton's fort.

Thanks

I have been to Fort Hamilton. It was about a 15 minute walk from the ferry terminal up a slight hill. It was easy for me but I am a prolific walker. Someone told me it was a sketchy area but we didn't see anyone around. There is no admission charge and no staff. When we went there was one person leaving and we were there by ourselves except for a large tabby cat.  When we left someone else was arriving. It did not appear there are many visitors. Great views from the Fort.  There were restrooms. Down the stairs we walked around underneath the fort in what was a moat.  Very interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have been to Fort Hamilton. It was about a 15 minute walk from the ferry terminal up a slight hill. It was easy for me but I am a prolific walker. Someone told me it was a sketchy area but we didn't see anyone around. There is no admission charge and no staff. When we went there was one person leaving and we were there by ourselves except for a large tabby cat.  When we left someone else was arriving. It did not appear there are many visitors. Great views from the Fort.  There were restrooms. Down the stairs we walked around underneath the fort in what was a moat.  Very interesting. 

Perfect thanks when we come out of the ferry would that be left toward BUEI?

53 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Perfect thanks when we come out of the ferry would that be left toward BUEI?

When you come out of the ferry terminal it is to the right toward BUEI. To the East. Walk several blocks on Front St to King St. Go left on King St past Reid St, Fire department and Church St. Then there is a road you turn right on. Should be a sign. A little ways is the fort entrance.  You can get the pocket map from the Visitor Information Centre at the Dockyard or the one on Front St in Hamilton near the ferry terminal there.  I used that map to get there. At the VIC they will draw the route for you if you want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

When you come out of the ferry terminal it is to the right toward BUEI. To the East. Walk several blocks on Front St to King St. Go left on King St past Reid St, Fire department and Church St. Then there is a road you turn right on. Should be a sign. A little ways is the fort entrance.  You can get the pocket map from the Visitor Information Centre at the Dockyard or the one on Front St in Hamilton near the ferry terminal there.  I used that map to get there. At the VIC they will draw the route for you if you want. 

Right should have remembered that they use to have a trolley that went to the BUEI. As always you have the best information.