Carnival/MSC live S2S

LOL I didn't experience anything like that.  The service was pretty good, but not as good as Carnival's.  Carnival seems to know how to hire people who appear to be reasonably happy even while working so hard.  There were a few exceptions on MSC, like one of the baristas was always smiling and happy, you would have thought HE was on the cruise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

LOL I didn't experience anything like that.  The service was pretty good, but not as good as Carnival's.  Carnival seems to know how to hire people who appear to be reasonably happy even while working so hard.  There were a few exceptions on MSC, like one of the baristas was always smiling and happy, you would have thought HE was on the cruise.

I agree, the friendly fun was missing. They were beyond polite and accommodating but not very outgoing.

15 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

There was some discussion about choosing a 959am flight home was too risky.  FLL is still closed due to the flooding but I'll be at MIA two hours ahead of flight time. 

To wrap this up, the line to get through security was like nothing I've ever experienced, it was fully wrapped and then a straight line all the way past restaurants and restrooms to almost the next security point.  They had extra staff to manage the madness, lots of people trying to cut in line (presumably they didn't follow the airline's instructions about arriving two hours early.  Hate doing it but it beats the stress.  I was at my gate 20 minutes ahead of time but I estimate it would have been an hour under normal security.  I'm guessing all the added volume was due to FLL's closure?

• Like 3

On 4/10/2023 at 2:35 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

I had heard about new progressive jackpots on Carnival table games,  adds excitement to gambling for sure, but you have to bet $5 extra per hand.

20230410_132804.jpg

20230410_132818.jpg

20230410_132831.jpg

20230410_132852.jpg

It really adds up if you are losing but you will be mad if you don’t bet it and hit something! I hit a full house and 2 full flushes last week. Not sure it actually made a difference in the long term but fun when you get it. My friend refused to bet the sucker bet and got a full house. Definitely regretted it!

• Like 1