Queensferry to Royal Yacht Britannia

We are scheduled to dock in Queensferry at 7:00 am.  We have a tour scheduled at 1:30.  We'd like to go to the Royal  Yacht Britannia in the morning.  Can someone tell me if this is doable?  Their website says they open at 9:30.  I did look it up on Google Maps.  It's says it is about a 30 minute  car ride or a 50 minute bus ride.  Does anyone know if there are taxis at the port? Are there also some near the Royal Yacht Britannia?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

Tammy

19 hours ago, shepcookie said:

We are scheduled to dock in Queensferry at 7:00 am.  We have a tour scheduled at 1:30.  We'd like to go to the Royal  Yacht Britannia in the morning.  Can someone tell me if this is doable?  Their website says they open at 9:30.  I did look it up on Google Maps.  It's says it is about a 30 minute  car ride or a 50 minute bus ride.  Does anyone know if there are taxis at the port? Are there also some near the Royal Yacht Britannia?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

Tammy

You may find that there is a long wait for either Uber or a taxi at Hawes Pier (https://goo.gl/maps/U3FL4JAxyZnNyWKj9) in South Queensferry, which is where you tender to.  If you want to stick with either of these options, then I'd book something - either in advance or perhaps when you're about to get onto the tender.

There are alternatives, especially if you are off the ship with time to spare before Britannia opens...

The X99 Cruiselink (https://www.lothianbuses.com/cruiselink-x99/) is a dedicated bus for cruise passengers that runs non-stop from Hawes Pier to the city centre.  From there, you should be easily able to flag down a taxi or get an Uber (which will be more plentiful in that area) to Britannia.  Alternatively, there are multiple city buses (https://www.lothianbuses.com/using-the-bus/visitor-guide/) that can take you from near where the X99 drops you off.  Also, if you are here after 21 June, then then tram line extension will have opened - take it from the East side of St Andrew Square to Ocean Terminal.  All the buses (and the tram) take contactless credit cards, but the easiest option is to add a £5.00 DAYticket when you buy the X99 ticket, and that lets you on every bus and tram all day.  It's not mentioned on the X99 page, but is definitely available from the ticket sellers that will be at the pier, and I'm almost certain will also be purchasable from the X99 driver.

When you are finished at Britannia, it's unlikely (though possible) that there will be a taxi outside.  You can reverse the above instructions, or use Uber, or call either of the two main Edinburgh taxi companies: City Cabs (+44 131 228 1211) or Central Taxis (+44 131 229 2468).  The ticket desk will, I'm sure, also help you by calling one.