I'm confused...when we go to get on the cruise ship, do we have to get there hours

before? I read the boat opens around 11:30am in Long Beach. Do I need to get there hours before or can I get there at 11:30am with my husband and kids? I don't care about the lunch buffet on board. I don't want to wait for hours but then I don't want to drag everyone to the dock at dawn either.

TIA

before? I read the boat opens around 11:30am in Long Beach. Do I need to get there hours before or can I get there at 11:30am with my husband and kids? I don't care about the lunch buffet on board. I don't want to wait for hours but then I don't want to drag everyone to the dock at dawn either.

TIA

You can get there at 9:30am and check in on the Queen Mary, then hangout, Lines start to form around that time and 10 to 10:30am, Boarding usually starts around noon, but you can get there at 2:30pm and be ok too. I recommend getting there earily so you can enjoy the whole waiting around and getting on board first and getting some of those hot burgers off the grill.

The whole embarktion goes pretty fast, and theres lots of places where you can sit and wait.

Carnival says boarding starts at 1:30. When I was on the Pride, boarding did not start until 12:30 or so. The lines deminished at about 2:30. You need to be on board by 4:00.

Just think of it as Disneyland... there are lines.

I saw people drinking Beer in line without an issue... maybe that might work for you... to get your vacation started.

Boarding takes 30 to 60 minutes...

So I can check out of my hotel room, head on down to the dock at QM with the kids and luggage and still get on the boat around 1:00pm?

Carnival says boarding starts at 1:30. When I was on the Pride, boarding did not start until 12:30 or so. The lines deminished at about 2:30. You need to be on board by 4:00.

Just think of it as Disneyland... there are lines.

I saw people drinking Beer in line without an issue... maybe that might work for you... to get your vacation started.

Boarding takes 30 to 60 minutes...

Suburban...if you get there at 1pm you will have a line to wait in to get on. If you don't want to do early check in and wait in line to be first on the ship, then wait til around 2-2:30 to get there and the line will be smaller or you might not have a line at all.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that Carnival does not give dinner assignments until check-in. And the time for making changes starts about 2 hours before actually leaving the port (with a 1-hour window or so).

One time we were cutting it close, and I was very glad that the dinner seatings were just what we wanted. Had there been problems, we wouldn't have been able to change it until maybe that night.

OT.....Disney has a Mexican Cruise??? Is that new?

Suburban...if you get there at 1pm you will have a line to wait in to get on. If you don't want to do early check in and wait in line to be first on the ship, then wait til around 2-2:30 to get there and the line will be smaller or you might not have a line at all.

Suburban Drudgery, the Magic did Mexican Riviera cruises last year during the summer only, in conjunction with Disneyland's 50th anniversary. It is not a permanent itinerary for them.

This statement though, made me go :confused: :

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that Carnival does not give dinner assignments until check-in.

What does that mean, exactly? I have a group going on the Paradise over Memorial Day weekend, all with confirmed dining times and linked for dining together (50th anniversary cruise). Does this mean you have to be checked in to get your table assignment? We will NOT be boarding until late, my daughter has school that day, and I will not be a happy camper if my group is not seated together.

Can you please clarify?

What does that mean, exactly? I have a group going on the Paradise over Memorial Day weekend, all with confirmed dining times and linked for dining together (50th anniversary cruise). Does this mean you have to be checked in to get your table assignment?

I am sure it is different with a group cruise, and I have heard that they make the group cruises a priority, so you will likely be fine.

But typically, Carnival does not give "confirmed dining times." You only request your dining time and table size, and don't really know what you have until you check in (the table assignment and time is on the sign-and-sail card).

This statement though, made me go :confused: :

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that Carnival does not give dinner assignments until check-in.

What does that mean, exactly? I have a group going on the Paradise over Memorial Day weekend, all with confirmed dining times and linked for dining together (50th anniversary cruise). Does this mean you have to be checked in to get your table assignment? We will NOT be boarding until late, my daughter has school that day, and I will not be a happy camper if my group is not seated together.

Can you please clarify?

Your table assignment and dinner time appear on your Sail & Sign card. If the information on your Sail & Sign card is correct, then don't worry about it, you don't have to confirm anything. If you have all requested to be seated together, Carnival will honor that request, unless someone makes a mistake. But that is no different than anyother cruise line. My seating requests have all been honored with one minor exception. Two people in the same cabin, with the same last name ended up at different tables. Now that is an obvious mistake, and it was quickly corrected. So unless someone makes a mistake, your request will be honored.

If it was just a couple without a special seating request, and that couple booked late, and their requested seating time was full, they might not get their requested seating time. However, Carnival is not going to break up a large group and have them sitting all over the dining room. If everyone is not at the same one, two or three tables (or however many table you need) then you can point this out. I am sure switching would not be a problem. After all, who would you rather sit with, three other couples who have never met, or six people who all know each other, but don't know you?

My DD (8yrs) & I are crusing on Pride in June. We have a flight from SFO to LAX getting in at 11:45, our transfer to the ship is booked through Carnival. It's my understanfing that it is about 45 min from LAX to port. Should I book an earlier flight? Thx for help!

Katnapa, I think your current flight time is just fine, I wouldn't change it. :)

Thanks for the info on the dining; the group is five cabins but not technically a group with Carnival as it's a holiday sailing and they weren't offering group pricing or amenities. I will call them to verify that we are all linked together, and hopefully one of the parties that arrives early can verify that all is well.

Archived