Would appreciate help/suggestions

SunSandDrinkInHand

I would appreciate any help/suggestions/comments for two 22 year-old first-time cruisers (Rhapsody of the Seas on May 21st). Here's what we're planning.......

1. Cozumel: 9 hours; Paradise Beach (including the 2-hour snorkel tour), maybe hit up Carlos N' Charlies and/or Senor Frogs if we have time

2. Key West: We're here for about a full day. Planning on parasailing in late morning / early afternoon; bar crawl down Duval St. in the afternoon/evening

3. Grand Cayman: 9 hours; Going to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville....Any other suggestions?

We'd appreciate any advice! :)

Just back from Rhapsody cruise and had a great time, Paradise Beach is great even after wilma and their is lots to do their. If you go to PB you will only be 15 minutes to Carlos & Charlies so allow that in your time schedule. At Carlos & Charlies you can have lots of fun but be aware of the drinks they are very strong compared to what you may have at a local pub or tavern at home so consume caustiously, I speak with experience or stupiddity. At Cozumel you have to tender to shore so the process can be lenghly waiting to get off the ship. My advise is if you don't mind getting up too early catch the first tender in between 7:00am and 7:45, you don't need a tender ticket between those times you just show up and off you go. But if you are late sleepers you should get your tender ticket in the Schooner Bar at 8:00 am in order to get off the ship on one of the first tenders. Any later than 8:30 and you may not get off the ship till 10:00 am and you are missing most of your wondeful day on Cozumel. Don't forget that their is usually 4 or 5 ships at port that day and the Rhapsody is the last one their so everyone else on the other ships have a head start on you. Make sure you get to PB before 10:00 if you can that way you have a better choice of lounger & umbrella up front by the surf. After 11:00 and you may not find a spot at all. In Key West you only arrive at 3:00pm so all you have is afternoon and evening. Great for Pub Crawl.

Here's one of the standard Pub Crawls in KW:

Billie's Bar & Restaurant offers a fun nautical theme.

Two Friends Patio Restaurant offers live guitar.

Schooner Wharf offers a slice of Key West with a ramshackle open-sided bar, small stage and umbrella-covered tables set on a gravel patio.Check out their website for a coupon 2 for 1 drinks. http://www.schoonerwharf.com/

Crabby Bill's is a warehouse-size room with beer flags, a concrete floor, old surfboards and a large bar.

Rick's Key West is THE Entertainment Complex that offers it all! You'll visit Key West's #1 Club With 10 Bars.

Here's how I would do it:

* Half Shell Raw Bar

* Turtle Kraals

* Schooner Wharf Bar (DO NOT MISS)

* Crabby Bill's

* Sloppy Joe's

* Rick's Key West

* The Bull & Whistle

* Green Parrot Bar

* Hog's Breath Saloon

This list is from another thread and I followed it to the tee and had a great time. Just remember to drink caustiously you have a ship to get back to and they won't wait for you be back by 11:30 and thats what they recommend.

In Grand Cayman one of the best excursions I recommend is swimming with the Stingrays that is probably the best experience I have ever had on a excursion.

Archived