Trolley to Port Canaveral

GaTechCruiser

Renting a car one way from MCO to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area at end of July.  Is taking the trolley an option from or to the port from either Budget or Avis rental car offices?  I understand the Trolley runs counter clock-wise, so maybe from our return after the cruise it can be taken to pick up rental car?

I will be dropping eveyone and all luggage off at the port the day our cruse leaves and then will drop off rental car.  I may just take an Uber back to port as the quickest option?

What about when we arrive back at Port Canaveral?  Can I take the trolley to the rental car location?  After I get the rental car, I can go back to port to pick everyone up?

Independance dock at Terminal 1 so yes, the Trolley is an option for you at either end of your cruise.

Is it the best option? It depends.

Weather can be a factor. The bus arrives every 30 mins, so there is a wait. The bus stations are a block or two from the rental offices (easy walk but still). With National / Enterprise / Alamo you don't even have to get on the bus! Just walk to the office.

I would look at the free Budget or AVIS vans to see how long the wait/line is at either end. If those move fast, then that is the best option. 

Getting to the trolley stations will be a short walk either near Terminal 1 or close to the two rental car offices.. But the point is, yes you can get to the rental offices and terminal using the Trolley.

And you can absolutely drive back to the terminal to pick up the family once you have the car. A short drive and easy. Even easier if they wait on the Grills restaurant side of the terminal - then you do not even have to enter the terminal!

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Thanks 1