Best Seafood Restaurant in San Francisco

lidodeck03

My two favorite seafood restaurants are Tadich Grill and Sam's Grill. Both have wonderfully prepared dishes, with impeccable service. Tadich is the oldest restaurant in the state of California, having opened during the Gold Rush, in 1849. Sam's is a relative newcomer, having opened in 1867.

Other favorites include Swan Oyster Depot, Sotto Mare and Scoma's, but Scoma's is mostly for their cioppino.

Waterbar is good, very good actually, I like it, but it lacks the character and charm of the others.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scottca075 said:

My two favorite seafood restaurants are Tadich Grill and Sam's Grill. Both have wonderfully prepared dishes, with impeccable service. Tadich is the oldest restaurant in the state of California, having opened during the Gold Rush, in 1849. Sam's is a relative newcomer, having opened in 1867.

Other favorites include Swan Oyster Depot, Sotto Mare and Scoma's, but Scoma's is mostly for their cioppino.

Waterbar is good, very good actually, I like it, but it lacks the character and charm of the others.

Thank you for your recommendations! We have made reservations at Tadich Grill and Sam’s Grill. Both places look amazing! I was hoping you would have suggestions. I enjoy reading your posts on this site. Thank you for all your informative posts. Some of us may not post a lot, but it doesn’t mean we aren’t learning things from reading other peoples posts and reply’s. Once again.. Thank you very much.

• Like 1