MSC Cassinos

hegosej438

I'm new to both (cruises and cassinos).

I will be cruising in the MSC Meraviglia soon, and I'm trying to understand how do I buy cassino credits, and how do I cash out them.

When I go to the cassino, how do I buy credits (or chips, or cards, I don't know)? Is it possible to play using only the cruise card with my registered credit card?

After playing, how do I convert the remaining cassino credits to real money?

Is it possible to buy credits and then cash out without playing anything?

Since I have a credit card with no foreign transaction fees, and 1% cash back on all transactions, what would prevent me from buy credits and cash out only to earn the free cash back on my card?

At the machines, you can add money to the machine by charging it to your room card. You can then cash out whenever you want to, take the printed receipt from the machine to the cashier and cash it in for cash. The money charged to your room card will be charged to the credit card you registered at one of the onboard kiosk at the end of the cruise ( less any onboard credit not used). 

I’m not sure if there is a limit they will allow you to add to the machines using your card, but I’m sure there is one. Assuming it is $ 1,000, that would get you $ 10 back on your credit card, but you would have $ 1,000 in cash to have to safely get back home with. Probably not an issue, but carrying cash does have some risk.