MSC Website / New to MSC

Mikew0805

Hi,

I must be doing something wrong. Every time I log into their website it has a pop up that says "If you are unable to see your cruise details and you have a reservation with us, please add your booking number in your Account Settings. If you do not have a reservation, now is the perfect time to start planning your next cruise vacation!

Well, I cannot se my reservation so I hit the X and then it says "There is an error in your booking ID added, Please insert again."  I hit the X on that screen and go to add the booking number again, and I get a pop up that says. "Booking number already linked." LOL

When I try to go to cruise details, it goes in that same vicious circle. However, it did let me do check in, even though the cruise is in December, so I guess that is a good thing. The website just seems really clunky, and I can only imagine it is something I am doing. (Nothing could be worse than RCI IT... lol)

Any thoughts on how to fix this, or if it just takes time? I did call in and speak to someone, and they just kept saying, it is all fine. 

MSC has the worst website / IT / Customer Service in the cruise industry. Problems such as yours are common. Sometimes calling them can actually end up making things worse. If you were able to check in, I would try again in a week or so and see if the issue is resolved.

• Like 2

"Cruise Details" has never worked for me on my 2 cruises booked with MSC. I was assuming it might be due to the fact that I booked using Travelocity.

I had a similar issue linking my bookings with my account at first. One things I have to do is change the name on the web page for it to find my booking (Tim to Timothy). Not sure why, but it worked. Quirk in the database search, no doubt.

As an IT person myself (for 40 years) I find it unconscionable that they continue to use this site design/software (as well as not having an app for the older ships). But if they are getting near full-capacity sailings with it, there is little incentive to change, since IT costs take away from the bottom-line, and a fully redesigned site would take 12-18  months of development, testing, and cost over 20-million to do, minimum.

Edited by tscoffey

Guest Cable3232

I would rather have a bug ridden cruise website than a bug ridden cruise ship 🤣

I had similar issues on the UK site, but on a special input combination of 237, it worked. (I think the app was the key, but that was over 10 days ago, so who knows? )

Don't worry, you have 7 months to keep trying. I am sure you will break the code in that time.

You can only do a web check in 20 days before sailing, but you can enter/save details (& Photo) and CC detail months in advance.

Make sure you get your booking on the MyMSC app (for the newer ships) so you are ready for boarding when all the options will unlock (onboard information and details). 

I appreciate all the response, at least I know it is not just me.  It still is doing the same thing on the webpage, but thanks to those above that mentioned the app, I was able to log into that, and it seems that is much better.

Thanks again.