Where exactly does RCI dock in Zakynthos

purplethorn

I understand it is a tender and not technically docking , but where? 

We are considering renting a car for the day and exploring the island. Anybody has any experience with renting a car for the day ?

Thanks in advance

I understand it is a tender and not technically docking , but where?

Sorry to be bearer of possible bad news, but if you missed it you should  read this recent thread as  your call here may be impacted..  Start from post #11

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2912760-zakynthos/#comment-65135026

I'll be watching this thread for info as we're stopping in Zakynthos in June on X Constellation and we're not sure what we'll be doing.  

Blind leading the blind but... I'm guessing the tender point is the southeast side of the island based on searching for Port of Zakynthos on Google Maps.  My initial research seems to show a couple of car rental places near the port and a way more near the airport.  Sixt seems to have a rental point at the port but reviews and their website indicate they don't have a brick and mortar location there.  I've read some comments on various websites about car rental representatives at the port but nothing detailing how pick up and drop off would work. 

As a possible backup, the main bus station seems to be about a 15 minute walk away.  However, I'm not sure if the routes will take us where we want to visit around the island.  Navagio/Shipwreck beach is closed (per the above referenced thread) but I'd still like to see it from the cliffs above while exploring the rest of the island if it's not going to be too much an effort getting to that northwest part of the island.  

• 2 months later...

Just a follow-up on this thread.  

On google maps, the place where X Connie tendered to was Zakynthos Marina.  If you search for that in Google Maps, it should pull up the point pretty close to where tenders land.  

No car rental options jumped out at us by the marina but we weren't looking very hard either.