Quick question about the premium drink package.

Booman14

4 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Does anyone know what brands of red wine are on the basic all included package, and if you order a glass from the premium package are you just charged the difference?

Glasses of wine (and other beverages) over the $15 limit are charged the difference, plus 20% gratuity.

So...a $20 glass of wine will cost you $6 ($5 overage + $1 Gratuity).

With the Premium Plus Package, that $20 glass is free.  

3 hours ago, arochon1 said:

Does anyone know what drinks are in the connoisseur collection and the associated costs?

It's very likely if anyone says anything here by the time you're onboard it'll be a different selection at a higher price. I'm guessing Louis XIII Cognac is one of them. White gloves, served on a platter. One of the bartenders said if you finish the bottle you get to keep it. The empty bottle is probably worth a ton on ebay but you can always refill it (with something cheap) and keep it on a shelf at home.

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

thanks.  I was wondering if they were actually on the menu, or if you have to eye scan the bar to see the top notch stuff.

They are on the menu and and at Proof the Whiskey Bar and all them are easy to see☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hawkeyetlse said:

It's the very last detail at the bottom of the flyer:

40% discount on wine & spirit
experiences, tastings and flights, Connoisseur
Collection beverages and all other wines by
the bottle.

Okay, I see what they did. All the expensive wines they don't even have by the glass. Bottles only. Louis XIII according to this menu specifically says not included with any package. It's an "experience." Makes sense that even before the recent change it wasn't part of Premium Plus. The price is $80 .5 oz, $160 1 oz, $320 for 2 oz. It might be higher now. I don't even see any XO Cognacs. There's got to be more than what's here: https://profcruise.com/norwegian-bar-menus-2022/  Maybe it's the stuff in the "Connoisseur Collection."

• 9 months later...

On the topic of the Premium Plus package, my prior experience was that there was (1) bar on board where you could get glasses of wine after 5/5:30 when dinner started -- anyone know if this is same bar on every ship or if each has a different bar that offers wine? (As I recall, it was either Prime Meridian near 3 specialty restaurants on deck 8 or The Atrium on deck 6. ) This is a somewhat annoying feature of the PPB option: I can get liquor anywhere/anytime but I can't get a good glass of wine except at dinner! 

Thanks for any info you can offer -- I'm on the Escape in late February and will answer this for myself if no one has the answer earlier.

2 hours ago, Velma-Shaggy said:

On the topic of the Premium Plus package, my prior experience was that there was (1) bar on board where you could get glasses of wine after 5/5:30 when dinner started -- anyone know if this is same bar on every ship or if each has a different bar that offers wine? (As I recall, it was either Prime Meridian near 3 specialty restaurants on deck 8 or The Atrium on deck 6. ) This is a somewhat annoying feature of the PPB option: I can get liquor anywhere/anytime but I can't get a good glass of wine except at dinner! 

Thanks for any info you can offer -- I'm on the Escape in late February and will answer this for myself if no one has the answer earlier.

Usually the higher end wines are only stocked at the bars by the dining rooms but the Escape has a Cellars so you should be able to find some there also.  

I upgraded to free at sea plus for my cruise on the Gem. They had a large selection of Scotch at the Maltings whiskey bat, including Johnnie Walker Blue Label. Between that and the champagne and Starbucks and bottled water and canned sodas and fresh squeezed juices, I really felt that the Premium Plus was worth it. 

• Like 2