Almost live trip report for Oasis on the 16th of April

swemto

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

swemto was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Disclaimer:

Ahoy there, welcome to my cruise trip report

Please be advised that the views and opinions expressed here are solely my own and are meant to be taken with a pinch of sea salt, a slice of lime, and perhaps a fruity drink with an umbrella in it.

I cannot be held responsible for any unfortunate incidents that occur while following my suggestions, such as seasickness or overindulging in buffet food.

Additionally, I enjoy adding humor to my writing and may exaggerate certain experiences for comedic effect. That "epic" sunset I described from the deck might not be as awe-inspiring as I made it out to be, and my description of the ship's spa as "heavenly" might just mean they had decent massages.

Before I start sharing my thoughts with you, I want to clarify that English is not my first language. I hope you won't mind any occasional grammatical errors or misspellings that might slip through my writing.

Despite my best efforts to ensure the quality of my writing, some mistakes are bound to happen. But let's face it, who needs perfect grammar when you can deliver some great jokes and humor?

So, if you're ready to be entertained, let's dive into some interesting discussions and have some fun together!

Woohoo! It's finally our turn to set sail on the Oasis of the Seas, our favorite ship! Today's the day and I'm practically bouncing off the walls with excitement. We're heading to Arlanda airport in Stockholm, Sweden  at the crack of dawn (6:00am to be exact) for our flight to Munich, then Frankfurt, and finally Miami! 

But wait, let's rewind a bit. We've got to get to the Arlanda airport in Stockholm, Sweden first. Our flight is at a crazy early time of 6:00 am tomorrow to Munich, with a tight 50-minute transfer window before we hop onto the plane to Frankfurt. And then, off to Miami we go at 10:50 in the morning! Who knew booking the cheapest tickets would be such a wild adventure?

But don't worry, we've got it all planned out. We've hailed an Uber to take us to the airport, and we're staying at the Radisson BLU Arlanda Terminal, which is just a short walk away from Sky City. For those of you who don't know, Sky City is this awesome building that connects Terminal 4 and International Terminal 5. And it's not just a boring old building, oh no! It's got hotels, restaurants, shops, and even currency exchange. Plus, you can gaze out of its windows and check out the planes parked between Terminals 4 and 5. It's like a mini airport city!

Now, let me tell you about our hotel room. It's like we've stepped into a time machine back to 1993. The rooms definitely reflect the era, but at least they're still comfortable for sleeping. The bathroom, on the other hand, is a whole different story. We're talking 90s fashion in full force.

But before we hit the hay early to catch our early flight, we've got to grab a bite to eat and some coffee. And we know exactly what we want - meatballs! We've got a tradition to uphold, after all. And these aren't just any meatballs, my friend. These are well-sized meatballs made from minced veal, served with a smooth potato puree and raw-stirred lingonberries that will knock your socks off. And the creamy sauce? Oh, don't even get me started. We each paired it with a Mariestads beer and coffee to round out our dinner.

IMG_20191206_191946.jpg

IMG_20191206_183612.jpg

IMG_20191206_200215.jpg

IMG_20191206_193110.jpg

IMG_20191206_183600.jpg

IMG_20191206_183606.jpg

IMG_20191206_183555.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No coffee at 4am

Ah, the joys of early morning flights. You set your alarm for what feels like the middle of the night, drag yourself out of bed, and stumble into the airport bleary-eyed and in desperate need of caffeine. But wait, what's this? All the restaurants are closed?! Stockholm Arlanda, you have some explaining to do.

It's 4:30 am and you're staring blankly at the "Closed" sign on the coffee shop. You can feel the panic rising in your chest. How on earth are you supposed to make it through your flight without your trusty cup of Joe? You start to wonder if you can survive on the tiny, complimentary cups of airplane coffee, but deep down you know it's just not going to cut it.

As you wander around the terminal in a daze, you can't help but wonder: do the people who run this airport not understand the basic human need for caffeine? Are they secretly trying to make us all suffer? Or do they just have a really weird sense of humor?

You start to imagine what it would be like if the airport were run by a group of mischievous trolls who take delight in watching bleary-eyed travelers stumble around in a caffeine-deprived stupor. Maybe they think it's hilarious to see people accidentally board the wrong flight or fall asleep on the baggage carousel.

But wait, what's that in the distance? Could it be? Yes! A glimmer of hope! You spot a vending machine selling tiny cups of lukewarm coffee. It's not exactly the Starbucks latte you were hoping for, but at this point, you'll take whatever you can get.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 8:40 AM, swemto said:

Disclaimer:

Ahoy there, welcome to my cruise trip report

Please be advised that the views and opinions expressed here are solely my own and are meant to be taken with a pinch of sea salt, a slice of lime, and perhaps a fruity drink with an umbrella in it.

I cannot be held responsible for any unfortunate incidents that occur while following my suggestions, such as seasickness or overindulging in buffet food.

Additionally, I enjoy adding humor to my writing and may exaggerate certain experiences for comedic effect. That "epic" sunset I described from the deck might not be as awe-inspiring as I made it out to be, and my description of the ship's spa as "heavenly" might just mean they had decent massages.

Before I start sharing my thoughts with you, I want to clarify that English is not my first language. I hope you won't mind any occasional grammatical errors or misspellings that might slip through my writing.

Despite my best efforts to ensure the quality of my writing, some mistakes are bound to happen. But let's face it, who needs perfect grammar when you can deliver some great jokes and humor?

So, if you're ready to be entertained, let's dive into some interesting discussions and have some fun together!

Woohoo! It's finally our turn to set sail on the Oasis of the Seas, our favorite ship! Today's the day and I'm practically bouncing off the walls with excitement. We're heading to Arlanda airport in Stockholm, Sweden  at the crack of dawn (6:00am to be exact) for our flight to Munich, then Frankfurt, and finally Miami! 

But wait, let's rewind a bit. We've got to get to the Arlanda airport in Stockholm, Sweden first. Our flight is at a crazy early time of 6:00 am tomorrow to Munich, with a tight 50-minute transfer window before we hop onto the plane to Frankfurt. And then, off to Miami we go at 10:50 in the morning! Who knew booking the cheapest tickets would be such a wild adventure?

But don't worry, we've got it all planned out. We've hailed an Uber to take us to the airport, and we're staying at the Radisson BLU Arlanda Terminal, which is just a short walk away from Sky City. For those of you who don't know, Sky City is this awesome building that connects Terminal 4 and International Terminal 5. And it's not just a boring old building, oh no! It's got hotels, restaurants, shops, and even currency exchange. Plus, you can gaze out of its windows and check out the planes parked between Terminals 4 and 5. It's like a mini airport city!

Now, let me tell you about our hotel room. It's like we've stepped into a time machine back to 1993. The rooms definitely reflect the era, but at least they're still comfortable for sleeping. The bathroom, on the other hand, is a whole different story. We're talking 90s fashion in full force.

But before we hit the hay early to catch our early flight, we've got to grab a bite to eat and some coffee. And we know exactly what we want - meatballs! We've got a tradition to uphold, after all. And these aren't just any meatballs, my friend. These are well-sized meatballs made from minced veal, served with a smooth potato puree and raw-stirred lingonberries that will knock your socks off. And the creamy sauce? Oh, don't even get me started. We each paired it with a Mariestads beer and coffee to round out our dinner.

IMG_20191206_191946.jpg

IMG_20191206_183612.jpg

IMG_20191206_200215.jpg

IMG_20191206_193110.jpg

IMG_20191206_183600.jpg

IMG_20191206_183606.jpg

IMG_20191206_183555.jpg

I've done that into Munich then onto Frankfurt transfer....ugh....but once they stopped the plane before it got to the gate and called me and a few others off the plane to a van and took us directly to the other plane's staircase! (needless to say the bags didn't make it hahaha) It was VERY handy hahaha

I'm also assuming its not very "live" anymore.....but if you have more thoughts, we would love to read!