Classical music alive and well!

PalmSprings

All of the handwringing over the purported loss of classical music from HAL was for naught, at least as it pertains to Volendam.  While the licensing agreement with Lincoln Center does appear to be over, each night has performances by a duo playing piano and cello - and they are terrific!

73C24CC6-CC42-43EC-BFAD-AEAE1F2DBC08.jpeg

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, PalmSprings said:

All of the handwringing over the purported loss of classical music from HAL was for naught, at least as it pertains to Volendam.  While the licensing agreement with Lincoln Center does appear to be over, each night has performances by a duo playing piano and cello - and they are terrific!

73C24CC6-CC42-43EC-BFAD-AEAE1F2DBC08.jpeg

I am pretty sure the Cellist in your picture was on our last HAL cruise when it still had Lincoln Centre Stage. She was part of a quartet that were all quite youthful and seem to be actually having some fun during their set. Really enjoyed them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

I am pretty sure the Cellist in your picture was on our last HAL cruise when it still had Lincoln Centre Stage.

I think you are correct.  I think both she and the pianist were part of one of the LCS quartets.  I’m looking forward to hearing more from them - there’s such a rich history of music written for piano and cello.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

I am pretty sure the Cellist in your picture was on our last HAL cruise when it still had Lincoln Centre Stage. She was part of a quartet that were all quite youthful and seem to be actually having some fun during their set. Really enjoyed them.

I loved to see the joy they had making music together almost as much as I liked the music itself. I hope HAL continues to provide quality classical music.

• Like 3