Room 7000 on hold for Riveria

Aromaqueeen

This is our first potential cruise with Oceania but not our first cruise.

It’s a special cruise for my retirement , never spent this much money on a holiday before so I need to make sure it’s right.

Can you help with some queries please?

Average age group , we are mid 50s

What is  the entertainment like ?
Info on cabin 7000 and 7131 , what are the differences? Is front or aft  better ?

We have only cruised with P and O before how much more luxurious is  Oceania, don’t want to set my expectations  too high ?

Thank  you 🙏🏻

1 hour ago, Aromaqueeen said:

Info on cabin 7000 and 7131 , what are the differences? Is front or aft  better ?

Personally, I'd choose 7131. Although the front of the ship can be wonderfult, if you are prone to seasickness and run into some real weather, you might not enjoy that cabin.

• Like 3

It's many years since we cruised with P & O. We became, erm, disenchanted with its formality. Dinner jackets and suits are not what I want to wear anytime, not least when I'm on holiday. Apart from a couple of short, very casual, cruises, it wasnt until 2017 that we did another "proper" cruise. That was when we'd discovered Oceania. It looked as though it would give us exactly what we needed, in terms of comfort, good food and a lack of stuffiness. And it did. A variety of reasons mean we havent cruised since then but do have our second O  O cruise coming up in a few weeks.

My late in-laws cruised with P & O until about 10 years back and, to be honest, their accounts confirmed that I still didnt want to cruise on their ships. I'm obviously loathe to make direct detailed comparisions, without direct personal experience, but would suggest that food quality is much better on Oceania and is probably sufficiently more luxurious to justify the significant extra cost. But only you can make that judgement. By co-incidence, I saw some P & O pricing a couple of weeks back - it is substantially cheaper, per day, than Oceania. But then, P & O is generally selling to a perhaps  generally less affluent British market, whilst Oceania's customer base are generally more affluent Americans.

Congratulations on your forthcoming retirement. I was also able to finish work in my mid 50s. Never a regret, nearly 20 years on.

Edited by Harters

3 hours ago, Aromaqueeen said:

...Can you help with some queries please?

Average age group, we are mid 50s

What is the entertainment like ?

We have only cruised with P and O before how much more luxurious is Oceania, don’t want to set my expectations too high?...

We sailed Riviera 12/13-23/2021 in an A4 (9136, port far aft). Our very first cruise. I was 58 and my wife 55. We felt YOUNG. The average age for that W. Caribbean cruise was likely in the mid-70s. BUT we met many wonderful people and had a great time. We only did the comics in the evening. Shows started at 9:30. Not interested in the other song & dance or music shows. Entertainment is NOT O's specialty. We were there for ports & excursions, so we went to bed 10 or 11 PM and were up first thing to get off the ship for a day of intensive sight-seeing and activities.

Having since also done Sirena far forward (B2 6012, port), we preferred aft. Elevators & stairs easier to get us to the Terrace Cafe and Waves, both aft.

And while the ships are gorgeous, not sure how to define or compare & contrast "luxurious". Modern art, modern decor. And the update/refit since seems to have made it even more modern (what I see more as bright, light Scandinavian-type thinking).