Transportation to Gamcheon Culture Village, Busan

Free and Easy

The missus and I were in Busan during a land vacation in 2015 (during the MERS outbreak 🙄) and went to Gamcheon on our own using instructions from a coworker that went the previous year (but she seems to go South Korea somewhat regularly).  Here are her instructions we followed.  They're obviously close to a decade old so I can't confirm their current accuracy (eg the pricing has got to be wrong by now) but maybe you can use them as a starting point.

감천문화마을 (Gamcheon Culture Village)
Take subway to 토성 (Toseong station) - 2 stops west from Nampo station
Take exit 6 and go straight until you see the intersection.  Turn right (don’t cross the street) and walk straight until you see the Busan National University Cancer Centre and you’ll see a bus stop.  Take bus 101, 2 or 2-2 and get off at 감천문화마을/감정초등학교(Gamcheon Elementary School) – where you see most of people get off, it’s about 5-10 ride.
The bus is 900W (use cash or the metro card, can’t use day pass)

The Information centre sells vaillage map (In English) for 1000w and you can use the map to see all the sites.  There are signs on the wall (like a fish), so you can follow the fish as a direction as well.

The bus stop is across the street when you want to return to the subway station.  The bus stop at Toseong station exit 8 or 10.

From my recollection, the instructions were fairly easy to follow on the fly and the bus ride was comfortable enough.  We enjoy walking through and exploring neighbourhoods when we travel so Gamcheon was a good activity for us.  Lots of interesting nooks and crannies to poke your head into.