Help! Carnival excursion still available?

TrustNoOneKMC

PLEASE do not move this post! I want answers from Carnival cruisers. Thank you.

Can someone please tell me if additional Carnival shore excursions are available once you get on the ship? Or are only the one's posted on line at Carnival.com available through Carnival?

I will be cruising on the Carnival Glory with my father, and it will be his first cruise. I know you can book independent tours which are cheaper, but since Belize is a tender port, I wanted to stick with a Carnival Excursion. The one thing I really wanted to do in Belize was the Horseshoe Reef Combo Snorkeling (Stingray Village/Shark Alley & Caye Caulker). According to the Belize board, some are stating that carnival no longer offers this, due to an incident that happened in January. Other's are stating they were on this excursion the end of February. Could someone please tell me if this excursion is still available through Carnival,(Who has been on it after February), and if not, did Carnival offer some type of replacement/similar type excurion. Thank you.

All I can tell you is that the excursion "Horseshoe Reef Snorkel Combo at Caye Caulker" IS listed under the Belize excursions available for our upcoming Miracle cruise 3/26/06. It is listed as a 4 hour excursion, for $79 per person. Hope this helps.

What about offering other excursions that are not listed online? Does carnival do this? Thanks.

As far as I know, all the excursions available are listed online. The lists do change, though, as you get closer to your cruise. Sometimes, when you're many months out, there may only be a few listed. Then, as you get closer, more will start showing up as Carnival finalizes their contracts with the local tour operators. If you're looking for an excursion that isn't listed, I would check with the Shore Tours desk as soon as you can once onboard.

If it isn't showing the excursion when you go to book, not view, then it isn't available anymore, you can check on the ship when you get there but there is no guarantee. I just got off the phone with Carnival and that is what I was told, I missed out on 2 excursions we wanted, but I already improvised, but do yourself a favor and book early if there is something you really really want to do.

The shore excursion I am looking for is still available for my cruise online. If carnival was no longer offering it, would they remove it? I just don't want to get on the ship, thinking it is booked, then find out it is unavailable.

If it is still listed as available on the Carnival website, then it must be available. I can't believe they would leave it on there if it wasn't going to be offered. Have you tried booking it? I would go ahead and book it, and if you get all the way through the booking process then I would say you have no worries. Carnival wants your money, so I can't imagine they would want a bunch of angry people on their hands who thought they had an excursion booked only to find out it wasn't offered once they got onboard. :confused:

If something happened, as you read on the Belize board, they may have removed the excursion for a few weeks in order to find a different tour operator or something like that. But, if people say they took the tour end of February, seems like Carnival must have solved the problem.

The excursions we wanted were listed online but we didn't try to book them, so I don't know if we would have been able to or not. I'd have been really mad if I did book them only to find out once on the ship that they were not avail........Good idea about doing Carnival excursion when tendered...we didn't do that in Cozumel and had to wait for all the Carnival booked excursions to be let off first. We didn't get off until 10 am. Even with the tender ticket

Archived