Celebrity Japan September 30, 2023 Cancelled bookings

Sunchild

One party of our family got their reservation cancelled by Celebrity (September 30, 2023 Millenium) even though we were travelling as a group. This is very concerning noting we booked this family cruise in June 2022 and also because the party that was cancelled has all the tours booked under their name as well as was the primary lead in this vacation. We are all freaking out!!! 

Has there been others that this has happened to and what criteria did Celebrity use to cancel certain peoples reservations? 

Have you seen this "Japan 2024 canceled" thread on the Celebrity board?  

I only lightly skimmed it but the discussion might be applicable to your situation even tho your cruise is for 2023. On the surface of what I read, it sounds like X oversold cabins and are having to cancel some reservations.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sunchild said:

One party of our family got their reservation cancelled by Celebrity (September 30, 2023 Millenium) even though we were travelling as a group. This is very concerning noting we booked this family cruise in June 2022 and also because the party that was cancelled has all the tours booked under their name as well as was the primary lead in this vacation. We are all freaking out!!! 

Has there been others that this has happened to and what criteria did Celebrity use to cancel certain peoples reservations? 

Sunchild,

Did you know when did your party got notification of their cancellation?

Have you booked through big travel agency or local travel agency (Toronto)?

Thanks!

On 5/1/2023 at 4:30 PM, Milhouse said:

Have you seen this "Japan 2024 canceled" thread on the Celebrity board?  

I only lightly skimmed it but the discussion might be applicable to your situation even tho your cruise is for 2023. On the surface of what I read, it sounds like X oversold cabins and are having to cancel some reservations.  

Yes I noticed that thread and it sounds like the problem of overbooking cabins occurred for the 2024 cruise as well. This has been our first cruise with Celebrity and so far I am not impressed with their management or customer service.