Brief review of Jewel

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review."

craig01020 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I just returned from a 7-day Mexico cruise on the beautiful Norwegian Jewel. And, yes, it is beautiful. We sailed on the Gem in 2021 and I expected the Jewel to look similar, but the last drydock really updated the look of the whole ship. The only thing I really miss is the fish carpet in the hallways; I found myself going the wrong way a couple of times.

IMG_7641.thumb.jpg.f7e296d5cb0b22d55db5b2080fcd3db7.jpg

We had a balcony cabin. I expected it to be the same as the one we had on Gem, but after the dry dock improvements, there is less room. The safe is in an awkward spot. I even had to store some clothes in the nightstand. Bathroom felt tighter as well.

The good:

Ship was beautiful.

Food in the MDR and buffet was very good.

Shows were good (when they didn't conflict with my reserved dining)

The odd:

The atrium was unusually silent most days...nothing going on. No atrium bar, only Starbucks.

The "shallow" end of both pools was about 5'4". I'm not a swimmer, just wanted to stand in the pool and cool off, but the water was up to my nose.

There is no sign for Guest Services. That had to be a miss.

IMG_7643.thumb.jpg.dd6b051304129cdc02e0089ecedb526c.jpg

Bottom line: I loved the Jewel. 👍

• Like 2

I agree with this! Signage seemed to be a general issue overall for us but not having a one at all for guest services is very odd. The first time we went there I'm like, cruise next, shore excursions, restaurant reservations, hmmm. I stood in the right line solely by process of elimination. 

• Like 1

That's the same carpet they put in the Pearl, too.  I miss the fish.  But I figured out the pattern is like seaweed being dragged along towards the front of the ship.