Freedom-Any Surprises Left?

Anyone else have any final predictions of what some of the smaller surpises and innovations(obviosuly not structual like a bowling alley etc.) are still to be announced by RCI? Im looking foward to see exactly how bi the flat screen tv's will be:D

The names of the dining rooms were released (Leonardo's, Micaelangelo and Isaac's) and the lounges all have names now. I'm looking forward to seeing the decor of the actual cabins. The ones online are from Navigator, I believe. I'm wondering if they will put the tv up on the wall to save counter space. Hope so.

I just got back from Radiance, and the head waiter, who is transferring to Freedom in a couple of weeks, kept talking about a bowling alley. I'm not sure if I believe him, but maybe he knows something we don't.

I am so excited I could just burst. I think I have gone to the interactive site at least a million times in the past month alone (http://www.freedomoftheseas.com/?sid=7)

I can't wait until you all sail her this year then get back to post pictures for me to see the actual cabins. I was looking at the GS tour, and there are two doors out to the balcony. Two? Don't know why that excited me so much, but I just can't wait.

I am wondering what all the little feature of the H2o Zone are. Wonder if they are going to allow toddlers in swimmie diapers at it. I won't have to worry about that cause my youngest will be out of that stage by the time we sail. But I was just curious.

I just got back from Radiance, and the head waiter, who is transferring to Freedom in a couple of weeks, kept talking about a bowling alley. I'm not sure if I believe him, but maybe he knows something we don't.

Hi, who was your head waiter? I was on the Radiance in January and will be on the Freedom in May, I wonder if I'll bump into him...

Thanks,

Enrique

The names of the dining rooms were released (Leonardo's, Micaelangelo and Isaac's) and the lounges all have names now. I'm looking forward to seeing the decor of the actual cabins. The ones online are from Navigator, I believe. I'm wondering if they will put the tv up on the wall to save counter space. Hope so.

We recently toured the new HAL Noordam and the flat screen TVs in the staterooms that we saw were not mounted on a wall.

We just received an invitation to the 2 night May 19th cruise out of Boston, so we will see then and let you know what we find.:)

I think a lot of people expect too much of the Freedom. While there may be few new innovations, it is still afterall just a slightly enlarged Voyager class ship. For the sake of those people that rushed to book on Freedom I hope they are not disapointed when they finally get on board.

I think a lot of people expect too much of the Freedom. While there may be few new innovations, it is still afterall just a slightly enlarged Voyager class ship. For the sake of those people that rushed to book on Freedom I hope they are not disapointed when they finally get on board.

I can't wait until you all sail her this year then get back to post pictures for me to see the actual cabins. .

I was not super-enthusiastic about my cabin on the Inaugural, but it was the last E2 available when I switched my reservation a month or so ago. BUT....over the weekend, in my Freedom-Obsessed explorations, I found that an E2 cabin on the deck six HUMP was open. Quick call to the TA (thank goodness for TAs with weekend customer service), and voila....

I will now be sailing the inaugural in a hump cabin! You bet your bippy I will take pics. If everyone is only 1/2 as curious as I am, they are pretty damned curious! LOL

Tracy

Jerry, I have to agree with Schplinky; the innovations fo the ship are not as much a draw as the reality of a newer, larger Voyager. I thought NOS was awesome and the few innovations mentioned about Freedom have been exciting. I really don't care if there is a bowling alley or billiard room. The truth is I don't surf either (though all of my sons do) so the surf pool was no big deal. I just think the size adn theme of the ship will be wonder enough for me.

I am also hitting the website regularly and disappointed that it is 2 weeks behind schedule

I was not super-enthusiastic about my cabin on the Inaugural, but it was the last E2 available when I switched my reservation a month or so ago. BUT....over the weekend, in my Freedom-Obsessed explorations, I found that an E2 cabin on the deck six HUMP was open. Quick call to the TA (thank goodness for TAs with weekend customer service), and voila....

I will now be sailing the inaugural in a hump cabin! You bet your bippy I will take pics. If everyone is only 1/2 as curious as I am, they are pretty damned curious! LOL

Tracy

Tracy,

We're booked on the cruise just after you the 6/11/06 sailing. I just booked it a couple of weeks ago, so I guess I should be happy they were still available. My DH and I got a D1 Balcony with our son and his friend across the hall in an interior cabin on Deck 9. I'm like you so excited, this will be our first ever cruise. Happy sailing!!!

Leonardo I know ...

Michaelangelo I know...

WHO IS ISAAC????

Isaac Mizrahi. I hear the dining room is going to done up in fabulous retro tones of puce and teal with table linens straight from the home collection he created for target. LOL

Isaac Mizrahi. I hear the dining room is going to done up in fabulous retro tones of puce and teal with table linens straight from the home collection he created for target. LOL
Sadly...that was the first Isaac I thought of today...it was a long day and my brain is fried!!! :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it was Isaac, Leonardo and Michalangelo because they were all "free" thinkers.

I do love the idea of it being Isaac Mizrahi. They could make the Leonardo deck a tribute to Leonardo diCaprio (with obivious, if unfortunate cruising references). The deck for Michaelangelo could be devoted to children who love the teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I'm guessing it was Isaac, Leonardo and Michalangelo because they were all "free" thinkers.

I do love the idea of it being Isaac Mizrahi. They could make the Leonardo deck a tribute to Leonardo diCaprio (with obivious, if unfortunate cruising references). The deck for Michaelangelo could be devoted to children who love the teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The one good thing I can say about the Ninja Turtles is that it has helped my students (I teach high school history) to already know a few Renaissance artists before we begin our studies of that period!

Well, thanks for your input on Isaac's identity. I am stuck in my own disciplines and thinking of Abraham & Jacob.:D Somehow he doesn't quite fit with Leonardo and Michaelangelo. Then again, while the free thinkers approach is possible, I just don't see the connection to Isaac Newton.

Oh well, if they ever get the art page on the website updated maybe we would get an idea of what they are thinking.

Isaac. I'm sorry but it still doesn't fit. You know maybe it is the target guy.

This must be part of RCCL's plans to save money by making the passengers nauseous so they won't eat as much food.....:eek:

Archived