Princess Plus question

StarAFire

Hi,

I usually sail w/ NCL, and since I don't drink, I normally have the option to take the rest of their Free at Sea promo, but have option to remove just the drink package, which saves a little money.  I was wondering, does Princess have something similar?  Or is it all vs none?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, StarAFire said:

Hi,

I usually sail w/ NCL, and since I don't drink, I normally have the option to take the rest of their Free at Sea promo, but have option to remove just the drink package, which saves a little money.  I was wondering, does Princess have something similar?  Or is it all vs none?

Thanks!

You can prepay gratuities.  You can purchase wifi in advance.  But it won’t save you anything.

24 minutes ago, StarAFire said:

Hi,

Thanks!

One of the differences between NCL’s ‘Free at Sea’ bundle and Princess ‘Plus or Premier’ is you are charged additional ‘Tips’ , which for Princess it is included in the package rate. I believe if you accept the NCL drink package it adds at least another $20/day to your fare, which for those that do not drink will then usually remove the drink package. You also are ‘paying’ for the privilege to be able to choose the ‘Free at Sea’  amenities as you have to book at the higher non ‘standard’ or ‘sailaway’ rates.

Sometimes, the difference between sailaway fares and the next tier to ‘include’ free at sea perks is small, but can be hundreds.

Princess had a special promo pre pandemic that has not been offered again where you could combine/customize which amenities you wanted, drinks, tips, WiFi. Now, it is all or nothing, and currently Princess does not offer dining packages

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

Princess had a special promo pre pandemic that has not been offered again where you could combine/customize which amenities you wanted, drinks, tips, WiFi. Now, it is all or nothing, and currently Princess does not offer dining packages

Well...in a way it is customizable right now.  You just pick ala carte what you want after having booked Standard Fare.