Has anyone ever used Budget or Andy's Car Rental?

JUSTusFIVE1

• 1 month later...
How does one get that discount?

Go to the website and print it off. It's cayman activity guide dot com. The only place I saw the actual guide was in the airport. They gave me my discount when I made the reservation, which was online. I don't really recall if they wanted the actual coupon or not, but could print one off and take it with you.

The Cayman Activity Guide also has a lot of other discount coupons that you could also print off.

Try this...I just noticed that the Cayman Activity Guide has a banner across the top of this page.

http://*******************.com/Coupons.htm

Well, darn, it doesn't work. Add cayman activity guide (scrunch this together) where the asterisks are.

Thanks. Got a great rate for a car for oct 26 from avis. Only 30.99 plus the 7.50 drivers permit. That included the tax! I wrote to Jennifer as the other cc poster said from budget and her rate is 60. It does include all the insurance but that is a big difference. I wrote again telling her that Avis was so much lower...think I got her pissed off since she said they must have more idle cars and that is her price and it is non negotiable. Guess I will stick with Avis.

DID andys pick you up. They have 2 offices, 7 mile and the airport. How did you get the car and how did you drop it off. Would like to compare the prices. Which office did you use?

We spent the week there, so we walked to the Andy's at the airport (it was right outside the door). I don't know if they would pick up & drop you at the port (it certainly is very close), but you could ask. The other Andy's is down 7MB area. It was right next to Coconut Joe's...a place we ate at many times and loved it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Avis had a lower price, but we had to upgrade to a van or suv. Avis quoted 147. all inclusive and Budget 95. all inclusive. This included all permits, insurance and gas. Why don't ya'll buy the insurance? Seem is we are going to drive on the left, we may need it! Does this sound like a good price?

How does one get that discount?

I was in Grand Cayman last week and rented a car from Andy's. The prices were not bad and make sure that you take the car back without filling up the gas. It is a lot cheaper for them to fill it up for you. Gas on the island is over $6 per gallon. You can get a discount from the Cayman Activity Guide using the code GAG20. I think it was 20%.

Most credit cards cover rental car insurance. Check your credit card policy. Most cover the Caymans Island's as long as the vehicle does not carry more then 7 people (there are some 9 seaters!) and possibly luxury vehicles. You must check off that you are declining the insurance when renting for the coverage to be in effect.

I have rented from all 3 companies. All three are OK. Andy's is the largest, and for me, the cheapest for my trip coming up July 1st. But I always need a full size. Check all the extra fees, such as extra driver, tax, etc.

Thanks for your reply. Andys and budget were about the same for a van. I believe andys was 17 dollars cheaper, but didn't include gas. Budget was all inclusive, so don't need to worry about gas and having to stop and fill up! Also, there is no SC for putting it on your Credit card. I know my AMEX has some sort of liabilty insurance, but we like to be on the safe side.

Budget gave me a phone number to call when we get off the ship and they will come and pick us up. Are there pay phones at the pier? Where is there car pickup located? Thanks for all your help!

Archived