Gladiators and Colosseum (inside visit) excursion

neverland1

Hi

Has anyone done this excursion ? if so what were your opinions on it please ?

I am thinking of taking my 9 year old grandson as I know he will enjoy it .

I prefer to do the organised trips rather than travel independently  

I'm not sure what exactly this excursion is, but when we went to the Colosseum with our kids on a private tour, they were 9, 14 and 15 and they liked seeing the underground area where the gladiators used to get ready for their fights, etc. If you can tell me more about this one, I can tell you how much it is like the one we did. 

3 hours ago, neverland1 said:

Hi

Has anyone done this excursion ? if so what were your opinions on it please ?

I am thinking of taking my 9 year old grandson as I know he will enjoy it .

I prefer to do the organised trips rather than travel independently  

I’m guessing it is pretty much a colosseum tour.  Others may chime in with specifics.  

Note, the colosseum is always very crowded.  Been there several times and always very crowded with tons of tours.  With that said, I have to imagine any 9 year old would love it (any adult would too).  But the waiting to get on your bus, the waiting to leave, 2++ hours of transportation to and from Rome, the time in the bus just within the crowded city, etc. will test anyones patience,

let alone a 9 year old.  

So I would make sure to bring additional activities.   On a recent trip where we had to endure bus time like that we brought coloring books, memory games, books about the areas we were visiting, etc. to keep our kids occupied if they got bored.   So do him and yourself a favor and bring something for him that will keep his attention for the long down times.  Unfortunately the port is far from Rome. 

If you have the option and time to do the Forum and Palentine hill (often an option with colosseum tours) I would strongly encourage it.  I think a 9 year old would love Palentine hill.  Access to things has changed the past 15 years or so, but there is/was some really cool stuff up on the hill and the views are great.