What's delicious in the MDR?

meglet

On 5/10/2023 at 4:56 PM, depplep said:

I always order shrimp scampi without the shrimp. I like shrimp, but find it unnecessary. Just give me more pasta!

And I always say that the pasta is the unnecessary part of the dish! More shrimp, please!!

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2023 at 10:38 AM, meglet said:

I know food is so subjective, but I though it wouldn't hurt to ask.  Last cruise I tried the chicken from the always available side, chicken or eggplant parm, and the flounder.  The only one I enjoyed was the chicken.  The flounder was hard and seemed frozen.  Same thing with the chicken or eggplant.  What should I branch out and try next cruise.  Thank you for your opinions!

I had the flounder onBreakaway march 2020 (last sailing for Breakaway…then covid) it was awesome. So in January 2023 (Breakaway)was so looking forward to it. Well this time it was a thin layer of cardboard . Nothing like it was before. Sorta afraid to try it again. 

5 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

I had the flounder onBreakaway march 2020 (last sailing for Breakaway…then covid) it was awesome. So in January 2023 (Breakaway)was so looking forward to it. Well this time it was a thin layer of cardboard . Nothing like it was before. Sorta afraid to try it again. 

well since it was the MDR, if you don't like it just get something else.

post covid downgrades are noticeable across all lines; with tens of billions in debt this is somewhat understandable.  

10 minutes ago, MSUjohn said:

well since it was the MDR, if you don't like it just get something else.

post covid downgrades are noticeable across all lines; with tens of billions in debt this is somewhat understandable.  

Sounds crazy but in 27 cruises i have never sent food away and ask for replacement. Just ate a little and called it a day. Other than the cheap tasting flounder i didnt notice a big difference. Did cut out some old favorites like the lamb in Italian restaurant and replacing it.

49 minutes ago, cruisinmeme said:

Sounds crazy but in 27 cruises i have never sent food away and ask for replacement. Just ate a little and called it a day. Other than the cheap tasting flounder i didn't notice a big difference. Did cut out some old favorites like the lamb in Italian restaurant and replacing it.

when i took my dad on his first cruise (2019), i had the unfortunate event of finally convicting him to try the MDR (he really enjoyed the buffet on the jade) and well it was beyond awful for both of ours. my pasta was swimming in water his steak was boiled tasteless (and swimming in water) and our starters were yuk) we both walked out.

it took some pestering to get him back to the MDR the next cruise. he now prefers the MDR to all other options.