Can a 17 yr old purchase on board with their cruise card

Tarrant

Hi All

First posting from a newbie so I hope all is OK 👍

I've done several cruises in the past but not for the past 6 years so the memory bank is a bit foggy at the moment.

I'm doing a cruise in 2 month's with my 17 yr old and wondering if my son will be able to purchase items on board, obviously not alcohol, with his cruise card. I'm quite happy for him to do that but am wondering because he is under 18 will P&O put some sort of purchase block on his card. If that is the case can the block be overwritten so he can buy things.

Also if I purchase the kids soft drinks package can I buy it in his name so he can get drinks when he wants without having to be with me.

Hope all this makes sense and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to cruise critic! Your sons card will be marked to flag that he’s under 18, so alcohol can’t be sold to him but, other than that, he can make purchases without you needing to be with him. It’s a very good system. And yes to the drinks package question too. 

• Like 2

Fantastic, thank you @Selbourne. That will make things so much easier. 

Also one more cheeky question, last time we sailed when he was 11 he had to wear a wrist band. I'm hoping that's not the case now he is 17. I can't imagine the ructions that will cause😀

51 minutes ago, Tarrant said:

Fantastic, thank you @Selbourne. That will make things so much easier. 

Also one more cheeky question, last time we sailed when he was 11 he had to wear a wrist band. I'm hoping that's not the case now he is 17. I can't imagine the ructions that will cause😀

I think he should be treated as an adult,  except for alcohol, as I understand they now allow 16 yr olds to occupy a cabin on their own.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1