Going on Enchantment OF the Sea cruise soon - info wanted

Hi All,

Well i'm new to cruiseships and am going on a cruise next week (leaving the end of this week) on the enchantment of the sea with Royal caribbean and wondered if anyone has been on this ship recently and what they thought of it.

I understand there are many activities on board to do etc.... and from what i gather there is also a night club on the ship. What is this like? what sort of music do they play?

Also what are the staff like? friendly? I see the ship has net access... Is this available via wireless network or is it all cabled? What's the difference in price between using the onboard internet cafe and using a laptop in your room. Only ask as still have to keep an eye on my emails while i'm away (so much for rest on holiday huh!).

What can i expect when i get on baord? What sort of people are on board? mainly american? British or mixture or what?

As you can probably guess it's all new to me but have always fancied doing a cruise...

Regards

The Enchantment is a wonderful ship, just recently stretched. You will love it!!

Look at the "Compass" when you get on board for all the things that you can do each day.

The crew is very friendly and are there to serve you, just be sure to tip!

You will have a great time!! Enjoy! :)

Generally speaking the bigger the ship, the more activities are available on it and the greater variety of things to do for every taste from the athletes (Sports Deck) to the aesthetes (theater and art auctions.) Enchantment isn't in the biggest ship class, but is nearly so.

Most likely you will not have time to do everything you would like to do rather than finding time weighing heavily on your hands.

Enchanment is a very comfortable ship with beautiful glassed atrium that allows you to see the ocean passing on both sides. I really enjoyed the ship last October and wish only that the cruise were longer and had one more stop.

I'm certain you will have a wonderful time.

We sailed the Enchantment this past November and will be on her again next month. I think you will find she is a very beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. We loved the dining room and thought the food was very good. We also went to Chops one night and thought it was the best dinner we've had at sea. The food in the Windjammer was also very good, with lots of selections at breakfast and lunch (never got there for dinner). We had a balcony cabin on deck 7 and really enjoyed our balcony, having coffee there each morning. We enjoyed the shows and the champagne bar. You can find every type of music somewhere on the ship each day. Have a mojito in Boleros--terrific. The pool deck is great and don't forget to check out the splash zone in the evening when it's a fountain with colored lights-beautiful. We saw a lot of Americans, but also some Asians, Europeans, Canadians, and Brits.

I hope you enjoy the Enchantment as much as we did. Cheers.

We sailed on the Enchantment right after her stretch. It was our second cruise, the first on the Navigator. Both times, we had our kids ages 14 - 25 with us. I must say that the Navigator was probably better suited for kids as far as activities....especially for my youngest. However, our entire family loved both ships. We felt the motion a little more on the Enchantment but not enough to make us feel ill.

As far as other passengers are concerned, I think you will see quite a bit of diversity. Our first cruise was on spring break so there were many more families with young kids. The second was a July cruise to New England and Canada and there were not that many young people.

The food was great on both ships and the staff was courteous and helpful.;)

Hi, We will be on the Enchantment next week also (March 23).

I was on this ship in January also. It just so happens that I had this trip planned in March to take my family for awhile and in the meantime a group of girlfriends invited me for the January cruise as well. Luck would have it the same exact ship and itinerary!

So, to answer your questions. There is a nightclub and it gets hoppin around 10pm or so. The DJ seemed to take requests but it seemed like from 10-11pm it was 80's and 90's popular music and then later on it was more techno stuff, maybe current stuff that would be in any other popular nightclub. Not the 80's stuff though.

As far as the internet connection, there is a nice internet cafe set up like a lounge I don't even know how much it cost but you buy packages of minutes. You couldn't connect in your room without also buying a package of minutes because a pin number is attached. My dh was on another ship about to connect from our balcony but not for free. He had to buy the same package as everyone else to get the pin number.

There are lots of activities on board. Really there is only the one day at sea to find activities on the ship. The other days you are in different ports. There are so many excursions at these ports, too numerous to list here.

I'm Stephanie I will be travelling with my dh and daughters who are 7 and 4. I'm sure we will have a great time cruising together.

Archived