Empress of The Seas Cabin ?

cj1019

I have never been on this ship but we are booked to go on her in January 2007. I have always booked an ocean view cabin. We had a balcony cabin once and an owner's suite once as well.

There are 8 of us in our group and I have booked all inside cabins for this cruise. We don't spend alot of time in the cabin except to sleep and change for our dinners so I figured I'd rather spend the money on shore excursions or something else. I have booked Category K on Deck 7. The cabins do look small but as long as they have room to store our luggage, then it should be OK.

Hopefully someone else will have an opinion for us.

The insides on this ship are small. Make sure you love the one you're with.

As far as which deck, it doesn't matter that much unless, like me, you are limited on walking and stairs, but like to do stairs when possible. I was on deck 7 and was able to do the stairs up and down to most things I wanted to get to so I didn't use the elevators that much at all. Deck 7 or 8 is best for this.

Mid ship is very quiet and best for little motion compared to fore and aft.

BTW, mine was an oceanview on deck seven mid ship.

I haven't been on this ship but will be this September. The rooms do look small but since I'm going to Bermuda, I doubt I'll spend much time in it. I choose and outside though on Deck 4. The reason for the deck is that it's only a flight or 2 up to most of the activites. Also, going across the atlantic during hurricane season, I wanted a place with less motion. The lower you are, the less you will feel. If I was going to the carribean, I would want something higher near the pools and outside activities.

Have fun planning your first cruise!

We were on the Empress 9/05, and had a oceanview cabin. The insides are VERY small, but doable, we looked in some as the steward was making them up. (also, we were on the Majesty w/our daughter, we had an OV, but put her and her friend in and inside, and they are tiny) There are the beds, a little nitestand (either between them, or on one side if the beds are pushed together), a small dressing table w/4 very small drawers, the closet (pretty small, usually the suitcases will store under the beds) and the bath. As mentioned above, love the one you are with! We were in the last cabin on deck 9 port side, and it was a great location.

Hi..We had a midship, Deck 4, oceanview in December. Think the interior cabins are about 117 sq.ft. as opposed to 139 sq.ft. for oceanviews. We had the bed separated and it gave us a little more room. Storage space is okay, but we brought an over-the -door shoe hanger for the bathroom, which was great for all the little necessities. Also brought a shoe organizer for the closet. Great for socks, shoes, undies, etc.

Hope this is of some help. The Empress is a great ship, enjoy! Helen

ChuckyMoe...There are no dressers or shelves in the closet. Two short areas for blouses, shirts, pants on hangers; and one full length . Probably full closet is around 40 inches wide ( could be wrong by a few inches). Drawer space is three small, fairly deep, by dressing table, and three more of the same by TV. Three glass shelves above TV. Was adequate for the two of us, and we had a tux, suit jacket and formal dresses, with lots of casual wear....Helen

Helen

As long as I can get more hangers from the room steward, I think we will be OK.

I will just leave some things in the suit case that I won't need as often and as the clothes get dirty, I can put them in the suit case and take out the other items.

Thanks.

We had an inside for 2 adults and a teenager and we made out just fine. That cruise was to bermuda so we didn't spend much time on the ship anyway. Our next cruise on the Empress we went for an ocean view since it is 11 nights. (no teenager with us this time :) ) It's really a nice ship, small enough to get great attention from the crew but large enough to have activites to keep you busy!

We had an inside cabin on deck 7. I think it was 7527. Near the Centrum & the stairs, very convenient. The cabin was small but if you're only there to sleep & shower & you want to save a few bucks, it's fine. One important thing to bring: A NIGHTLIGHT!!! When the lights are out you can't see your hand in front of your face!!

Chuckymoe - not sure if you are interested, but there are packing aids such as packing cubes that really help out when drawer space is limited. The sell them on sites like ebags & magellens as well as in sampsonite outlet stores. I love them. I pack everything seperately in them - shorts, tops, socks etc. It organizes my suitcase and makes it easier if TSA has to go through it. Then, all I do is pull out the cubes and toss them in a drawer or on the closet racks (or stack someplace) and live out of them. Just an idea... For dirty clothes I just toss them in a garbage bag and at the end of the week put in my suitcase. The nice thing is.. it only takes a few min's to pack. :D

Maureen

I have not tried the packing cubes but I have ordered and received 2 sets a few weeks ago. I am anxious to try them out. I ordered 2 the pack-it folder last week but have not received them yet. I figured that they would help out at least with the pre-cruise.

Husband and I mixed our clothes in each other's suitcases this last cruise. It drove me nuts - he had his stuff everywhere and kept looking for stuff in the suitcase and messing up the clothes. We will go back to having one suitcase each and I don't care if they lose all my clothes at least he won't be messing up my clothes. lol

Anne

Archived