When does CHEERS officially start?

kdnurs

I am curious to know when I can start my "Cheers" package. Do you use your boarding pass to get your first beverage, or do you wait until you get to your cabin and get your Sail n Sign card?

33 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

Thank you so very much! 

I was not able to get a drink right away with my boarding pass.  You have to muster first!  

Now, I didnt have the CHEERS! package but silver lining is our muster was right near the Red Frog Pub and I got a free drink for being first customer!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

I was not able to get a drink right away with my boarding pass.  You have to muster first!  

Now, I didnt have the CHEERS! package but silver lining is our muster was right near the Red Frog Pub and I got a free drink for being first customer!

Gotcha!!! So basically get on board ...head to muster station...then on to the nearest watering hole 🤩

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

you don't have to muster first to get a drink.  They will cut you off if you haven't been to your muster station by a certain time.  Usually, around sail away time.

Depends on the ship, we have been on a few that would not allow a drink until you went to muster and all others you were cut off after your second

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dallasdan said:

you don't have to muster first to get a drink.  They will cut you off if you haven't been to your muster station by a certain time.  Usually, around sail away time.

On the Sunshine in January they wouldn’t let me get a drink until I went to muster.  But they did let my husband get one.  Have no clue why but it wasn’t fair!🤣🤣

Kim

• Haha 1

Per John Heald it's 2 drinks. I'm sure Carnival allows captains to adjust this to 1 or even zero drinks. 

Heald said that “once you have purchased two drinks,” your Sail & Sign card will effectively become useless. “Until you check in, you will not be allowed to use that card again,” whether for alcohol, coffee, or items in the shops.

• Like 1