Iona Comments

3StepDam44

Hello, we are 2 Adults 59 and 61 and would like some feedback about Iona.  We have sailed on 6 P& O Cruises in the past but usually choose Royal Caribbean, MSC and NCL.

We are thinking of an Inside Cabin (to keep cost down) and we found the ones on the Britannia to be quite spacious, so do they compare on Iona?  Are Formal Nights still a big thing with P&O?  This was something we always enjoyed with the initial Cocktail Party on the Second Night of the Cruise.💯

The Ship looks lovely on the Vlogs we have watched, but it would nice to hear the experience of others.  Can you still take on board your own Alcohol?  That was always a big plus with P&O.😉

In terms of the Dining, is there still Freedom or Anytime Dining, or is it Set Dining and sitting with others?

Would really appreciate any comments or advice from anyone who has recently sailed on her.

Our last Cruise in October was on the Virtuosa and it was packed solid due to Half Term in Scotland!! The whole experience was awful from the Dining, to the Embarkation, Disembarkation and general Cruise itself so I am a bit tentative in booking another Cruise.  We also both left the Ship with Covid and I really suffered with breathing issues for months.  I guess I was just unlucky though.

I know Iona is a big Ship so does everything have to be booked in advance, such as Theatre shows and Dining Room?

Thank you for reading and I welcome any comments to help us to decide.

Can’t tell you how the inside cabins compare as we do balcony one. I think they are all very similar. I’m sure someone else can answer that. 

freedom dining on iona. Britannia I believe still has both freedom and club. 

there was 1 formal night in a week on iona. I think Britannia has 2 per week (did when we went April ‘22) 

Yes you can take alcohol on board. I only know cos lots ask that question. I just take Coca Cola. 

I liked virtuosa for the ship (apart from there’s no lounges and I like a lounge or two) 

I prefer how p&o operate though with the embark and disembark. Also we couldn’t get dining at all on virtuosa so I got a bit fed up of the buffet. 

theatre is best to book in advance. The dining room on iona you can just join a queue. Never had issues but we have always gone in term time. 

I prefer p&o to msc. Unless msc want to give me a really good deal. I also spend less on drinks on p&o too. 

Hello Vampiress88,

Thank you for all your comments.  It's good to hear that Iona has Freedom Dining and that you can still take onboard some Alcohol.  We are not big drinkers, but it's always nice to have an Aperitif before starting the Evening.

Yes, I agree with your point about the Virtuosa, it is a beautiful Ship and we were on the 2nd Sailing after the Pandemic restrictions allowed everyone to sail again.  It was incredible. They also Status matched us to Diamond from Royal Caribbean, which was another plus.

However, we just fancy a change this time, with a different Ship, so given your comments and what we have seen on various Cruise Vloggers Sites, we are going to book the Iona.  The price is very good for the Inside Cabin and we like Norway too.

Happy Cruising.🙂

p.s. Vampire Diaries is my Favourite Show.

31 minutes ago, 3StepDam44 said:

Hello Vampiress88,

Thank you for all your comments.  It's good to hear that Iona has Freedom Dining and that you can still take onboard some Alcohol.  We are not big drinkers, but it's always nice to have an Aperitif before starting the Evening.

Yes, I agree with your point about the Virtuosa, it is a beautiful Ship and we were on the 2nd Sailing after the Pandemic restrictions allowed everyone to sail again.  It was incredible. They also Status matched us to Diamond from Royal Caribbean, which was another plus.

However, we just fancy a change this time, with a different Ship, so given your comments and what we have seen on various Cruise Vloggers Sites, we are going to book the Iona.  The price is very good for the Inside Cabin and we like Norway too.

Happy Cruising.🙂

p.s. Vampire Diaries is my Favourite Show.

😂 I was a vampiress long before vampire diaries, although I did enjoy the show and also true blood and the originals. But I prefer books to be honest. 

Glad you have decided to book. We’ve been on iona twice and enjoyed it. All I would say is the 710 club needs to be booked as it’s difficult to get. 

28 minutes ago, 3StepDam44 said:

Hiya,

Great I will make a note to book the 710 Club.

I hear you about the Originals 🤩 Klaus Mikaelson fantastic Character.  However, it's Stefan all the way.

Happy Cruising.

Stefan really 😂 I much preferred Damon.