Scooter in Sitka??

dman1

We have rented a scooter for our Alaska cruise in a couple weeks for my MIL. Will she be able to get this on the shuttle bus into the city? If not, is there a place to rent one when we get to city??

On 5/16/2023 at 10:28 AM, dman1 said:

We have rented a scooter for our Alaska cruise in a couple weeks for my MIL. Will she be able to get this on the shuttle bus into the city? If not, is there a place to rent one when we get to city??

It's been a few years and I cannot recall whether I saw any wheelchair accessible buses on the shuttle route - so I'd suggest reaching out directly to the dock operators (there's both an email and phone number on the page here). FWIW, the regular Sitka transit buses have wheelchair lifts and they also operate a door-to-door paratransit service for seniors/disabled folks, so I'd be genuinely surprised if at least SOME of the vehicles on the shuttle route were not likewise equipped - but it might be best to confirm in advance whether there's a restricted number of 'ADA seats' per bus as even if every bus can take a chair/scooter, there might be a lot of other folks who need the service too... so calling a disabled-access cab, even though you'd have to pay for it, may be well worth the $ spend if it saves you a lot of time!

• Thanks 1