Review of Everglades EVO-Adventure with Airport Drop-off

moposh

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for sharing!"

moposh was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I did the Everglades EVO-Adventure with airport drop-off (Miami).  I booked through the cruise line.  I was on Explorer of the Seas.  My daughter and I went on the excursion.

We all met in a lounge and when it was our time, disembarked and got our luggage.  I thought the crew member who was in the lounge with us would be outside to help us, but he wasn't.  I found another RC employee and she pointed me in the direction I needed to go.  We got on the bus.  We had to wait a little while as three people were very late.  The bus then drove to the Everglades.  I can't remember how long the drive was, but it wasn't bad.

IMG_2781.jpg.e50fd13f1d653c5889a8bcf9c6dd80aa.jpg

We had to wait more than half an hour once we arrived at the park.  It was very crowded.  At least we had umbrellas for shade. I guess everybody wants to go to the Everglades on Easter.

IMG_2778.jpg.d24b3acd7a835954ac0f2f5d59988e55.jpg

I went to the gift shop and walked around taking pictures during the wait.  The gift shop was small and crowded.

IMG_2780.jpg.cfc5cfdaf5ad3b1496a48cb5c4d69d8c.jpg

There was a peacock on the grounds.

IMG_2776.jpg.572098d7199f1b8347b01dbd34608985.jpg

Sculpture.  Look at all the people behind it!  Finally, it was time to get in line for the Alligator Show.  I thought we were heading in, but no.  We stood in line at least 15 minutes.  We could hear the show going on.  Then it was our turn.

IMG_2783.jpg.6e6ea6425aac4be097948c833f49b10a.jpg

All the alligators are rescue alligators.  They cannot be released because they will return to where they were taken from and causing a problem.

IMG_2785.jpg.61aa894bb786c2d336d46f0d6c28422c.jpg

Host picked an alligator.  He rescues alligators.  There was a TV show on rescuing alligators and he was on it.

IMG_2787.jpg.2c728716d02c256e111c0aa946171ebe.jpg

Open wide!

IMG_2791.jpg.acb8c1bac4ed00e5c058284c08fba5cd.jpg

Don't try this at home!  He asked for a donation after the show.  Generally, after the show, you go and see other alligators and get your picture taken with a baby alligator.  It's included in the price.  I was really looking forward to this, but we didn't have time.  ☹️  We had to go to the airboat ride.

IMG_2792.jpg.3c236704cebd8833d8fa22197cb32d51.jpg

There's our airboat (the pink one).  It was tricky getting on and off.  I do not recommend if you have mobility issues.  One man on our boat used a cane and he needed help from several people getting off.  I saw six alligators, an iguana (non-native), and numerous birds.  The pilot had an annoying way of talking.  I guess she thought it sounded good, but it sounded fake.  The airboat is very loud.  I recommend ear plugs, which you can purchase at the gift shop for 75 cents a pair.  The boat pilot also asked for a tip.  I wondered what our fee paid for.  🤔

IMG_2793.jpg.36e9a1370e3b900277e7342a27b0f330.jpg

A view of the Everglades.

After we got off the boat, we got on the bus and drove to the Miami Airport.  We were late leaving.  My flight left at 3:45 p.m.  I had read you should allow 3 hours at Miami Airport and thought if we got to the airport at noon, we'd be okay, but since we were late leaving, we got there closer to 1:00 p.m.  The TSA line was long and I was really worried we wouldn't get through in time.  However, since my daughter was injured, we were allowed in the handicapped line and we got through faster.  

I enjoyed the Everglades excursion and would do it again.  If I do, I hope I get the baby alligator picture.  📸

Edited by moposh
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Thanks for the review. We plan on this excursion, but with carnival and departing FLL, but I guess the park experience will be about the same. 

Out flight departs after 6pm so we'll have time for dinner at the airport before going home. 

Yes, it probably will be the same.  I planned to get dinner at the Miami airport, but I was very disappointed in the offerings once we got near our gate.  I thought there would be some fast food restaurants, but there weren't.  Ended up getting some food/snacks at a drugstore type place.  I hope you have better luck!  Enjoy the Everglades.  Hopefully it won't be as busy as when I went.

Edited by moposh

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We plan on this excursion, but with carnival

I believe there were people from other cruise ships there.  And in the gift shop, a lady was asking if people were on Carnival because apparently she had to write down something if they were.

On 5/17/2023 at 1:27 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We'll be there on a Sunday, so probably very busy. 4 ships in port at Miami that day.

I think it is a very popular excursion so it probably will be busy.  Plus, people not on cruise ships go there.  Take a hat and some water.  There is a water fountain by the bathroom if you want to fill up your water bottle.  It's not terribly cool, but it's free.  I'm sure you'll have a good time.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, moposh said:

I think it is a very popular excursion so it probably will be busy.  Plus, people not on cruise ships go there.  Take a hat and some water.  There is a water fountain by the bathroom if you want to fill up your water bottle.  It's not terribly cool, but it's free.  I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Thanks for the tips. I'm sure it'll be more fun than waiting around at the airport, even with the crowds. Given the reasonable pricing Carnival has for this, I'm glad we chose this.

• Like 1