Paid for a higher cabin category (post final payment), but upgrade bid categories didn't change

SwimCarrie

I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience: 

I was hemming and hawing about placing an upgrade bid because I was worried about where it would be on the ship if my offer was accepted, so I just finally booked the category I was okay with and paid. From inside to Oceanview obstructed. 

I went in to see what the bids look like now and the 3 cabin categories available didn't change. Bummer. I would have still bid for a balcony (assuming it was cheaper since I just paid more). 

Has anyone seen this yet? Is there anyone go even ask about it? Thanks! 

How long ago did you pay for the oceanview obstructed?  It takes a few days for the bidding website to update your current stateroom and update the categories you can bid on.

I booked a guaranteed interior last month on the Royal Princess.  The algorithm auto-assigned me a mini-suite 2 weeks before the sail date.  A few days later, I was sent more bid to upgrade e-mails--this time for Club Class, forward facing mini-suite, and suites.  Didn't take the bait though.

16 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

How long ago did you pay for the oceanview obstructed?  It takes a few days for the bidding website to update your current stateroom and update the categories you can bid on.

I booked a guaranteed interior last month on the Royal Princess.  The algorithm auto-assigned me a mini-suite 2 weeks before the sail date.  A few days later, I was sent more bid to upgrade e-mails--this time for Club Class, forward facing mini-suite, and suites.  Didn't take the bait though.

That's exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you! I only paid today, so I'll keep an eye out. Did the price go any lower once your cabin was assigned?

10 minutes ago, SwimCarrie said:

That's exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you! I only paid today, so I'll keep an eye out. Did the price go any lower once your cabin was assigned?

Can't answer that.  The highest category I could bid on when I was still interior guarantee was a deluxe balcony.