Review of Jewel 5/8-15 Alaska cruise - A wonderful time!

19 minutes ago, pjc49 said:

wil e coyote.. quick question?  this is my 5 NCL cruise and never been offered a 50% off.  How did you get it?

There was a Latitudes offer earlier this year for 50% off 2023 Alaska cruises on certain ships. Unfortunately, I think the offer ended last month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vacation44 said:

Did you book the 3 hour tour?   I think my husband would love it but I do not think I will be able to handle a 3 hour flight in that small plane.   

Yes, we did. We flew up to Denali, flew around it for a while, then landed at Talkeenta to stretch our legs (and use the bathroom!). Then we got back in the plane and flew back to Anchorage. We were in a "regular" plane (with wheels) since the lakes were all still frozen. I think if you do the Denali trip in a floatplane they will land on a lake near the mountain so you can get out and walk about, then get back in and fly back. Definitely worth asking them for the details.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wil e coyote said:

It is supposed to - I have a friend who went on it last year and highly recommended it. We were booked on it but it got canceled last week.

I think you were booked on the Endicott Arm glacier explorer.  That’s the one we were booked on as well and it got cancelled.  The Jewel wasn’t offering the Hubbard glacier small boat excursion for the two weeks we were on board (May 1-15) but I have since booked it for the Spirit cruise on July 10.

@pjc49 yes, the smaller boats get much closer to the glaciers but ice is a determining factor.

• Like 1