vegetarian menu on conquest

VICKIVICKI

could someone please give me some information on the vegetarian options available on the ship? veggie burgers, a baked potato and a few salads won't do it for me.[actually for my grown son and daughter who will be joining us] we have not been on a carnival cruise for 5 years and really looking forward to cruising again, but when we last went, the vegetarian options were extremely limited. in the dining roon, there was only one vegetarian entree offered. do you know if the menu has expanded much? also, what type of vegetarian options in the deli? thanks:)

We just returned from the Conquest a few weeks ago. My wife is a vegeterian. There is only one (1) vegeterian entree each evening on the menu. She would usually order just the vegetables that are offered with the other (meat) entrees because the vege entrees were usually something strange. The Deli has a cheese sandwhich (mozzerella) which looks like tofu but was'nt too bad. The chinese wok does offer some vegetable stir-fry on some days which was pretty good. A bean and cheese wrap is offered only through room service. We have been cruising for several years and the vegeterian menus have not changed much.

The dining room menu options are pretty limited, as others have noted. THere's usually good stuff for lunch on the Lido deck, though. Nice salads with beans, a good build-your-own salad bar that includes beans, egg, and cheese as well as the usual veggies. Lots of great fruit, too.

My husband is always disappointed with vegetarian options on the Carnival ships. Only one choice in the dining room each night. Last year on the Valor, our waiter was great about getting him various side dishes that came with the meat and fish dishes. This year on the Liberty, the waiter did not understand and was not accommodating.

Even the veggie burgers they offer at the grill are the worst kind on the market.

The ice cream is always good though :)

We're trying another line next year (for various reasons) - hope to see more options.

Archived