How is Skagway with 4 ships in port?

oldplayer532

6 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I... 

Just my opinion but I think that Skagway is the worse port stop of any of the AK port stops.

Think Times Square on New Years Eve.  LOL!!

DON

I have been on cruises calling at Skagway three times in the last seven years, with four ships in port each time.  I suppose I have been lucky, but I have never seen the streets of Skagway as crowded as other ports (such as Juneau and Ketchikan).   Skagway is my favourite port because it is the only one with a train excursion on the shorter - 7 to 10 day - round-trip cruises from Vancouver.

• Like 1

We were just there on Tuesday…I think there were 3 or 4 ships. Royal Princess was on the ill fated RRF so we used boat tenders but it was pretty efficient. Celebrity was the other big ship there also and a HAL one. 

We walked around town after our train ride…it was a bit busy but not horrible. You can walk back to the docks or use the free shuttles.

14 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

We were just there on Tuesday…I think there were 3 or 4 ships. Royal Princess was on the ill fated RRF so we used boat tenders but it was pretty efficient. Celebrity was the other big ship there also and a HAL one. 

We walked around town after our train ride…it was a bit busy but not horrible. You can walk back to the docks or use the free shuttles.

Encore is also on the " ill fated" RRA dock and someone mentioned they used  bus shuttles. 

On 5/28/2023 at 10:35 AM, wolfie11 said:

I believe RRF tenders and RRA uses buses

Correct. Royal Princess was on RRF: boat tenders. I think one of the Celebrity ships was on the RRA dock and they used shuttles.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 1:09 PM, donaldsc said:

Just my opinion but I think that Skagway is the worse port stop of any of the AK port stops.

My worst AK port is the one that rains.  So it changes each year I'm in Alaska.

In general, I love Skagway for the train combo's, Liarsville, and so many activities compared to the other ports.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF1l3vfKWAM

Right now, the biggest downer would be the RRA/RRF dock and needing to bus/tender into town.

Edited by xlxo