Can you purchase Cunard tableware - like their small silverplated vases?

CrGuy

I still have somewhere the final statement form from my first t/a on QE2 in 1979, at that time there was a preprinted line item that read “Removal of ship’s fittings”.

Just like “drinks”, “shops”, etc.

Not sure how they knew what anyone took home and charged them for it, maybe at that time you could ask to purchase china or silverware if you wanted it?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

I still have somewhere the final statement form from my first t/a on QE2 in 1979, at that time there was a preprinted line item that read “Removal of ship’s fittings”.

Just like “drinks”, “shops”, etc.

Not sure how they knew what anyone took home and charged them for it, maybe at that time you could ask to purchase china or silverware if you wanted it?

On our last crossing of the QE2 in 2008 there was a long price list for cabin items that might be pilfered by the passengers. I suppose because the QE2 was being retired in six months there was a greater than usual demand for souvenirs.  It seemed that everything that wasn't bolted down had a price. I was amused to see the hairdryer was one thing even though there was nothing on it to indicate its provenance. 

There was nothing about dining room items, such as silver. I have noticed that Cunard's recent silverware is not "badged" which is probably one reason why it isn't in demand. 

52 minutes ago, ms91bw said:

Gainsborough www.gainsboroughsilver.com/catalogcollection/ supply Cunard with all their silverware, so if you want a vase or a teapot you can buy it from them. No doubt far cheaper than Cunard would sell it! And as mentioned the silverware is no longer badged. 

Thanks for that. They have some nice stuff but alas no Cunard tea pot

7 hours ago, moses0 said:

Thanks for that. They have some nice stuff but alas no Cunard tea pot

Presumably you are meaning the white china ones with the Cunard logo, rather that the silver plate? 

On 6/4/2023 at 8:38 AM, D&N said:

Not sure how authentic this set is:

https://www.brixhamsteampacket.co.uk/product/beautiful-cunard-wedgwood-cavendish-tea-service/

And I haven't checked their delivery policies, but there are forwarding services that can arrange to send stuff almost anywhere.

Or is the straight sided ones that would be preferred?

That’s the most authentic I have seen but really looking for the straight sided ones 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, moses0 said:

That’s the most authentic I have seen but really looking for the straight sided ones 

Did you find this one as well:

https://www.brixhamsteampacket.co.uk/product/cunard-3/

It looks a bit shorter than the current ones, allegedly came from QE2 before retiral.

I'd be inclined to phone that company just in case they have what you want, but don't have it listed.

I read through their "About Us" section, and the owner claims to have worked on QE2.

The operation looks genuine, you can get a glimpse of their shop frontage in Google street view.