Dolphin Encounter, can older parents just watch?

My DH, 3 kids and I want to do the Dolphin Encounter, but his parents and my mom would probably just want to go and watch. Is this possible for them to do?? I mean can they travel to the place with us without having to pay full price, because they won't actually be doing the encounter???? Has anyone done this before??Thanks.

Not sure which dolphin encounter you are going to..

I've been to an encounter on Blue Lagoon (Nassau) and

a our DD did a swim in Cozumel......

DH watched and took photos at Blue Lagoon

and DH and I watched and took photos at Cozumel.

So it appears there shouldn't be a problem.

We'll be in Nassau. Yes, they are 67 and 69 and they won't want to do the actual encounter. So you think they can travel with us to the place with no problem? I may call before I book. Thanks.

I did the dolphin encounter in Curacao. My husband and friends were not interested in doing the encounter, but they did not want me to go by myself. We asked Royal Caribbean, as well as the tour operators. It was not a problem for them to watch me and take pictures. They paid, I believe, $25, which included the shuttle to the aquarium and admission. It was a great deal because the aquarium was quite a distance from the pier. I really enjoyed the dolphin encounter...it was one of the highlights of my cruise!!

The one in Nassau charges $20 for an Observer pass - that allows the person to travel to the island, sit in on the briefing, and watch the encounter and take photos. DH just did this last week on our trip - he loved it and took about 100 pictures!!

Archived