Radiance Of The Seas

Ive been on the bow of 3 of the voyager class ships. In my opinion its jsut a very windy bow. Its nice to go up there ONCE and say you have done it, otherwise not really much ther. I am not sur if on the Radiance class ships you can go up there. Someone else will answer that one. Take a look at the Explorer bow cam, thats pretty much what you see and what it looks like. It dows have some benches around it though for seating.

Well, if you want a picture of the helipad on the Radiance, I have a picture of DH on the helipad, as seen on the "Front of the Boat Channel" in the cabin. :D The Bridgecam has a great shot of the helipad, so I had DH stand in the middle of the helipad and ran up to our cabin and took a picture of the TV, when it showed the Bridgecam. If you'd like to see it, post your email address and I'll email it to you, as I have no idea how to post pictures on the Boards. If that's not what you're looking for, and just want a picture taken from the helipad, I have several docking at Juneau. ~ Lorna

Here is a link to a picture of the heli-pad on the Radiance. Unfortunately the ship wasn't in the water when the pic was taken, but it gives you an idea of what it would be like down there.

On our Hawaii cruise (on the Radiance), we spent a lot of time up there at the bow. It's a really nice spot to be when pulling into a port.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/55633714/1055633982040294595AohKbP

We enjoy the helipads on both Radiance and NOS, especially at night...you can see the stars much clearer. Also, good at sailaway. One of our favorite aspects of cruising is being able to get out to the bow at night. It is also very impressive to see them land a helicopter there!

Archived