Price Drop Alert - 11 Night Iceland & Ireland from Southampton - Silhouette 8/29/2023

Significant price drop for gaurantee interior, OV, and balcony cabins. A balcony was about $3k pp yesterday, now only $999 USD pp.  The downside is purchasing flights that likely are going to cost more than the cruise. Very good looking itinerary though.

FYI, don't bother adding AI to the room as the price skyrockets. Just pay for those items a la carte if you want them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the posting.  Wish I could take advantage but I already have a cruise booked for the summer which I booked after you posted another good deal a couple of months ago.  Appreciate you always keeping your eyes out and updating us!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Significant price drop for gaurantee interior, OV, and balcony cabins. A balcony was about $3k pp yesterday, now only $999 USD pp.  The downside is purchasing flights that likely are going to cost more than the cruise. Very good looking itinerary though.

FYI, don't bother adding AI to the room as the price skyrockets. Just pay for those items a la carte if you want them.

Just checked X's site cheapest balcony is still over 💲3000 plus port fees/taxes. Seaview is💲900 price range - am I missing something?

16 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Just checked X's site cheapest balcony is still over 💲3000 plus port fees/taxes. Seaview is💲900 price range - am I missing something?

You're not missing anything. They either sold out of the guarantee balconies or removed them. They were there this morning.

£2890 for 2 in a balcony with $250 OBC on the UK is a decent price for a 12 night cruise early September. The early Summer Baltic cruises even cheaper. Shame I am still working and have a trip to Sicily in September. Next year when retired and the Apex is Southampton based I bet the prices will not be so great😟. Only 20 minutes to the port😀

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

I also saw the cheaper rate earlier today.  I have noticed in the past that sometimes these low rates return in a day or two.  I assume it may be due to folks putting a hold on a cruise, but not following through with the booking.

8 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

£2890 for 2 in a balcony with $250 OBC on the UK is a decent price for a 12 night cruise early September. The early Summer Baltic cruises even cheaper. Shame I am still working and have a trip to Sicily in September. Next year when retired and the Apex is Southampton based I bet the prices will not be so great😟. Only 20 minutes to the port😀

I think it's 11 nights. But not our idea of a "decent" price and way above the figures quoted for the US. 

Apex is a no for us so we won't be cruising X out of the UK next year.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, bnurick said:

@NorthStarStateCruiser is there a way to follow all price drop alert posts and get a notification when a new one comes out?  Many thanks for your posts!

If you're talking about my posts on CruiseCritic, I don't think there's a simple way to get notified of a specific user's started topics.  You can set up a stream to follow all content I post (including replies to other topics) but that would be way to much info to sort through and you may not care about.

What I should do is create an ongoing topic where I can add to it as I see new deals pop up.  That way folks can follow that specific thread and get email updates if they want.  I think the next time I spot a deal, I'll start that ongoing thread, so keep your eyes peeled.  I appreciate that you value these price alerts I put out!

FYI, the tool I use to view these price drops is cruiseplum.com  They have some very helpful features to make finding deals and tracking prices incredibly easy.  I put together a post on their new price alert feature a few weeks back.

Edited by NorthStarStateCruiser
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

What I should do is create an ongoing topic where I can add to it as I see new deals pop up.  That way folks can follow that specific thread and get email updates if they want.  I think the next time I spot a deal, I'll start that ongoing thread, so keep your eyes peeled.  I appreciate that you value these price alerts I put out!

This is a great idea! Thx