Eclipse Alaska - Goldbelt Tram excursion

newbie202020

Hi, I'm looking at this excursion offered by Celebrity and am wondering 1) is it a far walk from the ship (I'm with dad with limited mobility) or 2) if I need to take their transportation, does that mean that I need to catch the provided transportation by the published excursion time of 8am (as per the website?) or if I miss the 8am transport, then I missed out on the excursion? Thanks very much

While I haven't read the description of this particular excursion on the Celebrity website I have taken the Mt. Roberts Tram (now named the Goldbelt Tram) a number of times.  The tram is located right near the cruise ship docks on South Franklin Street.  

So the first question is where your ship docks.  My experience is that the Solstice uses the AJ docks while the smaller X ships are at the South Franklin docks.  Check the Juneau cruise ship schedule to find your docking location.  If your ship is at the  AJ docks a for fee shuttle (about $5.00 per person if my memory is correct) moves folks from the AJ dock to a parking lot right beside the tramway.  

Also, how limited in mobility is your father?  If you are at the S. Franklin docks there is an incline up the pier.  

And finally, the tramway is spectacular on a nice day but not, in my opinion, worth it on a cloudy day.  We never purchase tickets until we actually are in Juneau.  While the lines to purchase may look long it goes really fast.  

• Thanks 1