Check in times NY

nivekious

Hi everyone, I'm sailing on the Joy in a couple weeks and one room in our group forgot to do the check in until now.  They can still check in of course, but the only arrival times are several hours after the rest of our group, and we were planning to all ride to NY together. How strictly enforced are the arrival times?  Do you think we can all board together or will they make us separate?

I know in the past they didn't seem to care much about arrival times at the port (last time I sailed with NCL was before covid) but the language at check in seems stricter now. Thanks!

Never, ever, ever had anyone verify check-in times at NY pier: pre-covid, mid-covid, and post-covid. You'll be fine if you arrive all together, whenever it best suits you.

Have a great cruise!

I have had agents verify check-in times in NYC. Once in April, 2022, again in December, 2022...so not that long ago. They only looked at one piece of paper for each group so I think you'll be able to get your friend in. If not, just go wander Hell's Kitchen for an hour or two until check-in. There's a few nice, small'ish parks within walking distance.

I love Sullivan St. Bakery on W 47th St. You could go grab a morsel of breakfast there. 

But...I think you'll be fine with the earlier check-in time. 

• Like 1

The check in times were added when covid testing was a requirement.  That is no longer the case so they do not enforce the check in times anymore.  Arrive whenever you want to. We were on Getaway out of NYC in February... no one was looking at check in times.  If you want a smooth process then plan to arrive after 1:00 p.m....  most of the onslaught will be before then.