My first phone conversation with Azamara Customer Services - 5 out of 5 stars!

lisiamc

I know that I can be a bit of a cheerleader for Azamara, but today I have a good reason to be.

My travel agent has been helping me change two currently booked cruises into a b2b2b for different dates and itineraries. We had got as far as getting booking numbers for the three new cruises, but I needed to pay an adjusted deposit amount. My TA got an urgent call out of town, and we are going to be travelling all day tomorrow for a different holiday, so action was needed quickly to keep these new bookings.

I have always booked through a TA, and let them do all the heavy lifting. And under the RCCL umbrella, customer service was not allowed to do anything to a booking made by a TA if the customer made contact. It had to be the TA.

Since my TA has his hands full at the moment, I thought I would see what I could do, and I made my first ever phone call to Azamara. I called when the office first opened, and was on hold for about 5 minutes. A very helpful customer service agent helped me pay the extra money, and carefully double-checked all the booking numbers, the deposit amounts, the date the deposits were due (tomorrow), updated the bookings, and gave me transaction reference numbers. She was knowledgeable and very pleasant to deal with. It didn’t matter that the booking was made by a TA, and it didn’t matter that I was contacting them directly instead of the TA, she was still able to help me. 

I think I may have hit the magic day when the new system is starting to work the way it should. It was a very positive experience. I will still continue to book through a TA, because I’m a great believer in not having to to the legwork myself, but I was very impressed today.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

What time does customer service open?  What phone number did you use?

The phone numbers are on the Contact Us page. I used the UK number since that’s where I am right now, and it’s a local call instead of a toll call as the US would be from here. The UK office opens at 10am, British Summer Time, and the US office opens at 8am, Central Daylight Savings Time. I think all calls are routed through the Kansas call centre as that is where the customer service agent that I spoke to was located. 

IMG_3525.jpeg

• Thanks 1