Name in airline ticket

Gapeachmom5

We have the buy one get one free airfare promotion. Received our confirmation of tickets and everything looked great….great flight times on Delta.  Buttttt…when we went to Delta to do seat selection (which we had no problem getting seats) we noticed that our names did not match our passports ( we are flying international from US to Athens. On the Delta ticket only our first and last names are shown but passports have first middle and last.

called Delta to try and fix but since we did not book tickets Delta said NCL had to reissue the tickets. NCL says our correct names are listed on the TSA line of the ticket so it is fine and that when we go thru airport security and have boarding pass scanned it will show our correct names listed and we will have no problems.

Anyone else go thru this??? I am concerned that we may be denied boarding??

I'll bet you a baker's dozen of shoddy, day old donuts that you'll be just fine. 

NCL will charge you $150, per person, to do the name change. If you're that worried, pay up and be done with it. I would not worry at all about this. 

My plane tickets never have my middle name (or initial). My legal documents do. I've never been denied boarding. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gapeachmom5 said:

We have the buy one get one free airfare promotion. Received our confirmation of tickets and everything looked great….great flight times on Delta.  Buttttt…when we went to Delta to do seat selection (which we had no problem getting seats) we noticed that our names did not match our passports ( we are flying international from US to Athens. On the Delta ticket only our first and last names are shown but passports have first middle and last.

called Delta to try and fix but since we did not book tickets Delta said NCL had to reissue the tickets. NCL says our correct names are listed on the TSA line of the ticket so it is fine and that when we go thru airport security and have boarding pass scanned it will show our correct names listed and we will have no problems.

Anyone else go thru this??? I am concerned that we may be denied boarding??

When you said they didn't match, I was thinking your names were different or misspelled. Having the middle name appear one place and not the other isn't an issue. This happens to me all the time (they'll put my last name, then my first name AND middle initial immediately after with no spaces, like "Doe, JohnL" instead of "John L. Doe.") Not a problem and never denied boarding. I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest.

• Like 2

This is not a problem (trust me I work for an airline). Flight tickets usually have only first and last names and an MR/MRS/MS or sometimes Miss or Mstr. But middle names would be rare to be on a flight ticket. Many people have even two middle names so having three names + a last name in a flight ticket would be way too much and reservation systems would not even be able to handle so long names. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 2