Pics of Butcher’s Cut package on Divina

Mike B Landlubber

On the internet before my cruise, I shelled out $99 (from memory) for a fancy meal package at Butcher’s Cut. I am a compulsive documenter and took a lot of photos which may interest some. I’ll comment on things but be warned I’m not an expert gourmet and I am a complete ignoramus on wine.

Here is an overall shot taken before anything but the bread had arrived. I could hear music from live musicians outside, but didn’t find it too bothersome. I was surprised how often one set of arriving/departing guests would recognize other diners and stop to say hello, but the joint wasn’t bustling.

IMG_2918.jpeg

Here is the menu overall. For this package, I got my choice one of the appetizers, the shellfish platter, my choice of one of the entrees, and two glasses of wine, white to start with the shellfish platter, and red for the entree. You get a rack of four sauces as mentioned on the menu, your choice of side dish, and your preferred desert.

IMG_2917.jpeg

Here’s the bread. Oddly, I didn’t like it as well as the bread served in the main dining room. I recommend ignoring it, you will need all your room for the food coming!

IMG_2928.jpeg

My waiter asked which wine I preferred, and since I need to use Google to tell red wine from white wine, I placed myself in his hands. This was what I received (a glass, not the whole bottle).

IMG_2915.jpeg

As an Oklahoman who is used to large high-quality steaks, I found the shellfish platter the most impressive part of the meal. It included oysters, mussels, shrimp, crab, a lobster tail and a scallop. I loved it! Everything was excellent. I suspect two diners would share one of these, so I may have come out ahead (if too much food is ahead) by dining alone.

IMG_2921.jpeg

This is a large post and I’m not sure if we have limits on photos in a single post, so I will finish the meal in a post later this evening.

Edited by Mike B Landlubber
  • Like 1